Under the direction of the President, this position is responsible for the efficient, effective and safe operation of the pontoon operations to include all direct production activities, all loading operations while successfully driving continuous improvement in such areas as quality, cost, on-time delivery and other key metrics. Additional key responsibilities include the supervision of the entire organization’s quality and EH&S functions. Manage 100+ operation employees, production supervisors and operations managers in a team approach while exceeding production and lean goals and driving key metrics including safety and cost.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead teams through setting and executing team goals that are aligned with the business’ goals
- Monitor and maintain adherence to production schedules to meet all customer delivery requirements
- Lead an aggressive increase in pontoon production for multiple FWG brands
- Coordinate with the procurement department to ensure optimal parts presentation and inventory levels
- Drive gross margin improvement in the pontoon operations through careful management of productivity and Total Cost Alignment (TCA) projects (i.e., DMAICs, Kaizens, Just-Do-Its, VA/VE, etc.)
- Review overall labor and material requirements to minimize overtime costs without jeopardizing necessary functions and customer delivery requirements
- Aggressively serve as a leader of continuous improvement using the LeanSix Sigma toolbox and principles in accordance with the organization’s Lead Deployment Roadmap and in concert with the Fish Boat Operations department
- Utilize Lean principles towards implementing facility wide processes that incorporate balance flow, Kanban systems and trigger points with visual signals, true pull manufacturing and overall employee driven continuous improved processes
- Serve as the campus’ overall quality leader while utilizing a quality manager and quality staff to drive actions that ensure quality levels and metrics are continuously improved to maximize customer satisfaction levels
- Drive continuous improvement of quality process through monitoring data and quickly driving change within the organization
- Manage EH&S personnel to support safety initiatives; to ensure the company is consistent with Brunswick policies and procedures and all regulatory agencies at state, federal and local levels
- Closely coordinate with the Director of Fish Boat Operations to ensure the procurement, maintenance and capital management functions fully support and address the needs of the pontoon operations
- Engage in pontoon product development activities to ensure design for manufacturability and attainment of material and labor targets while simultaneously provide the features and quality expected by retail consumers
- Manage a Black Belt and manufacturing engineering personnel that directly support pontoon operations
- Establish and managebudgets and targets for the assigned areas of responsibility
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Operations, Management or other related discipline is required.
- 10-12years of experience in manufacturing environment with progressive responsibility leading a team.
- Green Belt certification a must, Black Belt certification strongly preferred
- Proven Lean manufacturing experience is required.
- Experience with OSHA and EPA regulations
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of time standards and plant layout, management systems and inventory management.
- Working knowledge or boat manufacturing processes and techniques would be a plus.
- Knowledge of USCG, ABYC, NMMA standard would be beneficial.
- Working knowledge of a project management and related software i.e., Microsoft Project would be helpful
- Ability to build relationships and credibility among key stake holders
- Proficiency in PC-based software including Lotus Notes, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have ability to interact and influence individuals at all levels within the organization while communicating effectively
- Outstanding analytical and statistical technical skills are required to gather and summarize data to find solutions in product, messaging and services.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills required
- Must be a self-starter capable of working both independently, as well as part of a team and have proven attention to detail.
- Must be willing to work more than 40 hours a week frequently to complete the job.
Education and Experience:
- Strategic planning/thinking balanced with analytical and execution capabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills for interaction at all levels of the organization
- Must be able to motivate, communicate and drive continuous improvement.
- High energy and demonstrated urgency and fast pace
- Must be a hands-on leader