Director of Manufacturing
Manufacturing / Packaging
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Manufacturing - located at their headquarters in the Phoenix Arizona area. This position reports directly to the Senior VP of Operations.
Our client is a growing supplier to the global Supplements, Nutrients, and Vitamins business. With more than 20years’ of expertise and innovation, they design and sell formulations to multiple end retail and wholesale chains and markets.
The Director of Manufacturing operations will enhance and improve manufacturing operations while experiencing significant growth in the organization. This role will have full operations responsibility and provide leadership to change the culture for a 100+ person facility with medium volume- low mix powder formulations / manufacturing capabilities. Operations and maintenance experience in the nutrients, supplements and vitamins process, or food manufacturing process preferred. Technical degree preferred along with previous experience with a world class manufacturing operation with outstanding processes and cost improvement performance required. A resume with year over year accomplishments in cost target and profit achievement is required along with a continuous improvement and lean mind set.
*Excellent benefits and relocation package.
Director of Manufacturing Expectations
Will lead a reliable manufacturing operation with the capability to consistently perform to:
· 100% on-time delivery
· Meet and Exceed internal and external quality expectations
· Achieve zero ppm’s
· Consistently meet or exceed financial targets
· 5S as the ‘daily way’ of doing business, always audit ready, achieve 3.5+ internal score
· Fully Implement our Production Systems methods and targets
· Consistently improve safety performance to achieve a zero-injury workplace
· Have successful systems, processes, and talent in place to manage significant business growth successfully
Profile of a high-performing Manufacturing Director
· Highly effective leader
· Inspires, develops, and coaches people
· Has high standards and expectations
· Holds people accountable
· 100% credible
· Effective communicator who shares bad/challenging news quickly
· Lives the company values
· Strong system and process builder
· Continually improves
· Manages emergency problems effectively without losing control of the rest of the business
· Makes a difficult job look easy- someone steady at the helm