In this role, you will:
- Create (or refine), implement and manage to KEY operational metrics for purchasing, production, and fulfillment/shipping operations.
- Conceive, design, and implement operational processes and/or improvements that enhance efficiency, quality, reliability, and customer satisfaction.
- Manage, develop, and expand as necessary our team of 15+/- assembly technicians.
- Manage purchasing function to ensure proactive steps are taken for incoming raw materials while controlling inventory.
- Partner with product development team to ensure that documentation, process, and fixture development occurs concurrently with product development.
- Design and integrate new fixtures, tools, and equipment (eg presses, positioning fixtures, SCARA robots/light automation) as needed.
- Develop and/or refine documentation for existing operational and manufacturing processes.
- The ideal candidate will have 10 + years of experience in a leadership role in a manufacturing company.
- Experience leading a production team with functional experience in the assembly of electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Proven experience in Supply chain and MRP systems.
- Experience conducting vendor audits a plus.
- Familiarity with operation in an ISO 9000 environment, especially having gone through certification a plus.
- Bachelor of Science Degree required in Industrial, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Systems, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering.
- Advance degreepreferred in either an engineering discipline or an MBA.
You will find this position very satisfying if you:
- Are passionate about your work and prefer to avoid big company bureaucracy, politics, and other hurdles in accomplishing your goals.
- Are highly creative, and enjoy using that creativity to focus your technical expertise on problems to develop elegant solutions.
- Tend to be generally positive and approach most challenges with the firm belief that you will succeed.
- Are comfortable with the flexibility and autonomy required in a start-up environment
- Have a broad range of personal and professional interests and tend to want to learn things even if they are outside of your core area of focus.
- Love to build, tinker, design, create, modify and experiment.
- Love boating.