Our client, a private equity backed leading global specialty chemical manufacturer, is searching for a manufacturing leader. This position will report to the VP of Operations and will be an integral part of the leadership team charged with driving operational process improvements and increase efficiency.
Position: Site Director (Senior Director of Operations)
Location: Washington – Relocation Assistance Provided
The Site Director will lead and oversee all functions across a financially sound site. This includes goals, objectives, tactical and strategic operational plans. This role is highly visible and will have the autonomy to promote positive changes, as well as innovate while driving operational change. In addition, this role will partner with executive management and have some international facing responsibilities.
- Experience successfully leading all functional team members across a site, including EHS, Quality, Engineering, Operations, and Distribution.
- Experience driving a best in class safe manufacturing environment, through the creation and implementation of effective plant safety programs.
- Expertise spearheading the implementation and execution of operational processes and improvements while communicating clearly defined objectives and gaining acceptance of those objectives.
- Expertise in the implementation, training, execution and compliance of lean manufacturing practices.
- Experience reviewing, implementing and analyzing operating results in relation to costs.
- Experience leading an organization that is actively engaged in growth mode, including new product development and acquisitions.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering or other related field. Master's Degree a plus! Or, equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered.
- A minimum of 15 years' experience overseeing functional team members of a manufacturing operation or overall site responsibility, experience must include chemical processing industry experience.
- Proven experience with leading change and driving plant efficiencies for a multi-shift workforce.
- Demonstrated experience effectively managing front line managers to achieve high performance and employee engagement
- Technical skills in lean manufacturing techniques.
- Effective communication, organization, and problem-solving skills.
The compensation package includes a competitive base salary and incentive-based programs. Relocation provided.
For immediate consideration pleasesubmit your resume with your application. Applications without a resume will delay review of your candidacy.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.