American Panel Corporation is a top quality manufacturer of walk-in cooler and freezers. As the Director of Manufacturing, this key individual is responsible for the efficient operation of our manufacturing facility which includes production, safety, security, product development, quality control, production documentation, and management of personnel. These tasks are accomplished personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates plant production, quality, and shipping in an efficient manner in accordance with policies, principles, and procedures established by the Company.
- Ensures that orders entered into production leave in a timely manner, keeping production lead time to a minimum.
- Establishes, coordinates, and monitors department production schedules for smooth work flow.
- Requisitions and schedules the delivery of standard and special materials as required for production requirements.
- Develops plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and employees.
- Reviews production costs and product quality, and modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of Company
- Controls material costs continually to see that there is proper usage of materials, minimum waste of same, and no theft of Company merchandise/property.
- Ensures efficient production - correct tools for the job, people in correct places at the right time, physical layout of the plant for efficient use, ensuring that the proper production techniques are used by supervisor and plant personnel.
- Recognizes production problems or problems related to finished goods and takes corrective action to continually reduce rework expenditures. Works to eliminate dents, scratches, reskins, etc., which would result from poor initial workmanship or carelessness with the finished goods.
- Controls personnel costs on regular time by effectively locating people where needed. Keeps overtime hours to a minimum.
- Implements changes in manpower levels, overtime, etc. to maintain and improve efficiency and to meet shipping requirements.
- Makes all areas under direct responsibility "profit centers".
- Monitors quality control throughout the production cycle and at the final inspection point. Ensures product quality meets company standards at each point of the operation.
- Inspects final product before shipment to ensure the product shipped will meet with the customer's satisfaction.
- Monitors plant safety and works closely with Executive Vice President the Human Resources Director to ensure a safe workplace. Takes necessary action to remedy unsafe work practices and conditions.
- Establishes and maintains records and systems for effective inventory and production control for costing, for performance, and for other purposes as may be deemed necessary.
- Utilizes effective leadership skills to develop a skilled workforce and to maintain an effective relationship with all parts of the organization.
- Oversees the maintenance of the building, grounds, and machinery for a safe, efficient and orderly facility.
- Manages the maintenance of physical plant, grounds surrounding the plant, plant equipment, forklifts and company vehicles. This will be partially handled by Purchasing, but may require assistance from time to time in the lending out of personnel. It is however, the Director of Manufacturing's obligation to report any damaged or out of repair equipment to the Executive Vice President for immediate repair or replacement. Any needs for new equipment or trucks should be forwarded to the Executive Vice President immediately.
- Keeps up with company goals and objectives and integrates these into the system and reports back to management relative to achieving these goals.
- Researches plant management techniques to keep abreast of and implement improved methods and techniques that will benefit the company.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years plant management experience, preferably in the commercial refrigeration industry
- Experience in urethane foam injection processes, sheet metal fabrication, and refrigeration systems
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills
- Solid presentation skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, communication (both oral and written), organizational skills
- Strong financial literacy including P&L
In exchange for your talent and dedication, we offer competitive wages and an excellent benefit package including 100% Company paid health insurance, life, dental and vision insurances, paid vacations, 401k Plan and much more. We are a drug free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
- Plant Management: 5years
- Commercial Refrigeration Industry: 1year
- Foam Injection Process: 3years
- Sheet Metal Fabrication: 3years