Neocis is a venture-backed start-up company in Miami, FL developing the next generation of robotic surgery systems. Neocis received FDA clearance for the first robotic guidance system in the dental industry, and the team has a successful track record in robotic surgery. It is a ground-floor opportunity to build a manufacturing team for a high-tech company that is poised to revolutionize surgery.
Neocis is looking for a Director of Manufacturing to contribute significantly to the expansion of the business by helping to bring new technology to market in multiple jurisdictions. This is an exciting time to join Neocis as it pioneers new high-tech approaches to patient care. To learn more, go to
This position is located at the Neocis Inc. Headquarters in the trendy Wynwood area of Miami, FL.
Neocis Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including unlimited paid time off and medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Provide leadership and technical direction to direct reports including continuous evaluation of staff performance to evolving company needs, mentoring, interviewing, hiring, disciplinary action
- Provide engineering recommendations to management and guide product and system development for manufacturability
- Focus on improvements in standard product quality, cost reduction, and reduction in time to market
- Attends internal design reviews and engineering change control activity conducted by engineering to critique and recommend design solutions and proposed changes
- Establish departmental and manager team goals within the framework of schedule, quality, technical, and financial objectives
- Drive the development and application of consistent manufacturing practices, standards, and tools of all relevant types
- Communicate with executive management on technical, quality, organizational, resource, and personnel issues
- Establishes meaningful performance metrics and measures progress against established standards
- Initiates, drives, and participates in Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement activity.
- Oversees Departmental Budgets and expenditures
- Oversee manufacturing builds to ensure product quality & optimal resource utilization.
- Partner with R&D to transfer new products and processes to manufacturing that are stable and capable of meeting standards for product quality and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure the factory layout and equipment are optimized for material flow and manufacturing efficiency.
- Oversee that assembly equipment, fixtures and tools are developed to meet quality, safety and performance objectives and are continuously improved through semi-automation, etc.
- Ensure all manufacturing documentation such as drawings, schematics, QIP’s ,MP's, and BOM's are accurate, streamlined and consistent.
- Work closely with materials management, QA and suppliers to assure that purchased material meets specifications.
- Transfer assembly & test processes to Field Service as applicable for installation, maintenance & repair.
- Identification and prioritization of design and process improvements needed for reliability, manufacturability and serviceability.
- Apply problem solving techniques to resolve proper corrective & preventative actions from NCR's, CAPA's and complaints.
- Own and drive cross-functional team projects for quality compliance, continuous improvements, outsourcing, etc. and present updates to executive staff.
- Work with Finance and Operations to establish appropriate cost standards, as well as budgeting for manufacturing capital and expense spending
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent (10 years in relevant experience)
- Minimum of 7 years experience as a Manufacturing Engineer in Medical Devices with complex electromechanical assemblies
- Experience with functioning in a highly regulated environment with working knowledge of ISO 13485 and FDA requirements
- Highly innovative with the ability and motivation to work on own initiative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate problem solving skills
- Background in designing fixtures/gages for manufacturing
- Demonstrated experience in manufacturing medical devices using various manufacturing technologies
- Excellent process development capabilities
- Experience and proficient with:
- CAD (SolidWorks preferred)
- Data Analysis
- Risk Analysis
- Root Cause Analysis
- Statistical Method Application
- Process Validations
Additional Qualifications of Interest
- Advanced degree in MFG (M.S. or PhD.)
- Experience with capital equipment manufacturing
- Expertise in international consensus standards
- Knowledge of dental/oral anatomy and surgery
- Experience in a start-up or small company