Tracking Code 179061-846Job Description
The position is responsible for the development and execution of an operational model supporting manufacturing and the development and execution of operational strategies for the launch and continuous improvement of new components, products and processes
The selected individual will be responsible for standardization of manufacturing processes and equipment across the region and product lines. Primary functional responsibilities include supporting the manufacturing footprint and strategies that align globally with an eye toward optimizing asset utilization and ROI. This includes managing the capital equipment appropriations process and driving the production lines & region to a standard of equipment that maximizes flexibility globally.
Additionally, managing and supporting the operations (plants) in the introduction of new products, processes and technology to accomplish flawless launches within the SBU.
This position will lead the SBU for Manufacturing Engineering Technology (MET) and take the leadership role in coordinating and developing appropriate training and development plans with peer groups. In this position the incumbent will work closely with operations globally, product lines and regional engineering teams, Footprint & Strategy, EHS, and Quality to ensure objectives are met.
- Manages the development and deployment of an industrialization process to deliver flawless execution of new product launches.
- Responsible for the management and development of a manufacturing/industrial engineering team across the SBU
- Responsible for the development and deployment of next generation processes and equipment with a focus on standardization to leverage agility and flexibility for SBU globally.
- Lead and support the development and deployment of manufacturing strategies, footprint and business analysis, standardization of manufacturing, assembly and test processes as well as the standardization of corresponding capital equipment.
- Lead the development of technology roadmaps, digital manufacturing tools and concepts to enhance and promote World Class Manufacturing capability while coordinating this effort with the Operations Function
- Lead the development of Manufacturing Engineering talent for the Ride Control business.
- Lead and Champion the use of “Councils” and Core Competency Teams (CCT) to support manufacturing activities and drive best practices.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Operations, Engineering, or Manufacturing.
- Master’s Degree preferred in Business, Engineering or another related area
- Minimum 10 years manufacturing operations or manufacturing engineering experience.
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing technologies and continuous improvement methods approaches and tools.
- Experience with product development and industrialization process.
- Previous experience in a technical management role preferred.
- Solid budgetary/numeric analytical skills.
- Expertise in the areas of quality, lean, six sigma.
- Ability to effectively influence and impact across work groups and at all levels in the organization. (working in a matrix environment)
- Strong communication skills to drive consensus, decision making and execution.
- Ability to set a vision and lead a cross-functional team.
- Ability to travel 40-50%