The Practice Director is the strategic leader for the IT practice which consists of Managed Services and Infrastructure Services.
The Practice Director will be accountable for accelerating the growth and maximizing revenue of the company's Managed Services and Infrastructure business ensuring assigned clients receive the highest level of quality service and support.
The position is responsible for building and leading a high-performance team with the goal of successfully cultivating and establishing new client relationships to exceed revenue growth targets. This individual will be expected to create and execute strategic sales plans focused on lead generation, business development and sales achievement.
This position is also responsible for directing the operations of the business unit and ensuring proper processes and procedures are implemented and executed for monitoring and troubleshooting managed infrastructure and associated services and applications.
Strategy and growth
- Develop and implement the sales strategies required to grow the Managed Services and Infrastructure businesses.
- Grow business through development and delivery of support services, billable customer consultations, and recurring revenue contracts.
- Manage the end-to-end sales process for all opportunities including initial client communication, presentations, proposal submittal, negotiation of pricing and deal closing.
- Develop market penetration plans and execute client contact strategies.
- Drive the team to grow the pipeline by establishing and achieving lead generation, prospecting, and other sales goals.
- Develop credibility with existing clients and ensure relationships are being maintained and grown.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets.
- Ensure renewal and expansion of current contracts.
- Lead ongoing efforts to evolve and define new and value add offerings and packages.
- Develop business plan and manage P&L.
- Manage operational teams to supportnetwork technology needs for clients.
- Develop sales and support related procedures and deliverables in conjunction with operational teams to meet growth targets and create a sustainable Managed Services value proposition. Oversee and support the execution.
- Manage multiple concurrent support initiatives that are complex and unique in nature.
- Analyze business processes and work with customers to determine and document business requirements and translate them into clear and concise technical specifications.
- Determine opportunities for improvement in incident resolution process.
- Direct technical staff to manage incidents using proven investigation and resolution techniques.
- Set direction, drive change, align people, motivate and inspire, recognize and reward resources who are helping deliver / fulfill our client commitments.
- Develop key organizational enablers – communicate, educate, coach, mentor, organize, define - relative to the core business processes to make our business successful.
- Ensure the ongoing training and development of direct reports and their respective teams.
- Manage in-house and outsourced staff allocation, hiring, offboarding, and performance reviews.
Success in the role will be measured by:
- Achievement of goals in annual business and financial plans
- Performance metrics (e.g., revenue, profitability, utilization)
- Ability to deliver on Service level agreements (SLAs)
- Client satisfaction metrics
- At least ten (10) years of experience in sales/business development with a proven track record of consistently meeting/exceeding new business sales targets and minimum 5 years in account management in an organization(s) providing enterprise network management, providing NOC and IT support services to multi-site, external clients.
- Minimum of 5+ years building and managing high performance sales teams.
- At least four (4) years in a management position with P&L responsibility.
- Strong knowledge of networkinfrastructure components, server hardware/ software, and voice over IP (VoIP) technology.
- Technical knowledge around Microsoft platforms and applications, Active Directory, backup strategy, storage, and virtualization (VMware).
- Advanced networkinfrastructure and server skills to mentor senior engineers in resolution of support issues.
- Strong experience with industry leading tools for enterprise monitoring and remote management, both off the shelf and freeware.
- In-depth knowledge of service management process and workflow tools.
- Ability to engage senior client management in discussions regarding our solutions, the clients industry and business model.
- Expert written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills, with ability to influence and sell ideas.
- Strong customer/client service orientation demonstrates ability to build effective working relationships with stakeholders leading to trusted advisory status.
- Solid relationship and social skills with the ability to build and manage a strategic external industry network.
- A seasoned leader, manager and a change agent.
- Experience working in crisis management with critical infrastructure.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements simultaneously and meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
- High level of initiative and drive with ability to work both in collaboration with and independent of team and management.
- Ability to think and act strategically, but capable of adapting a hands-on approach when required.
- Familiar with strategic planning tools and financial analysis techniques.
- A Bachelors degree is required; advanced degreepreferred
- Leadership: Provide clear, credible vision and strategy; effectively work through conflicts to optimize outcome.
- Critical and Strategic Thinking: Ability to think critically about situations and to understand the relevance of information for different problems. Uses critical reasoning to generate and evaluate alternative courses of action or points of view relevant to an issue.
- Analytical Skills: Ability to analyze information and use logic to address problems; to quickly and accurately grasp complex information and concepts and to make correct inferences.
- Decision Making: Ability to make good decisions, solve problems and decide on important matters.
- Writing and Verbal Skills: Ability to comprehend written material easily and accurately; ability to express thoughts clearly and succinctly in writing.
- Planning and Prioritizing: Ability to organize work, set priorities, and establish plans for achieving goals.
- Resourcefulness/Initiative: Passionately finds ways through barriers to success. Achieves results despite lack of resources.