Job ID 2017-6735
Myriad Genetics strives to ensure access to the tools driving precision medicine. Myriad is focused on revolutionizing patient care through the discovery, development and marketing of transformative molecular diagnostic tests that address pressing clinical needs across multiple medical specialties. Myriad is seeking a Director – Managed Markets to lead our Blue Cross Blue Shield payer account team. This position will provide a leadership role in all activities related to managed care with both private and public payers. S/he will provide leadership in the development and execution of the managed market strategies that solidify our current successful partnerships with regional payer groups throughout the US.
As part of the managed markets executive team, this role will report directly to the Vice President, Managed Markets. Responsibilities:
- Lead and support the capability development of Regional Account Managers (RAMs) and field-based Medical Policy Managers (MPMs) via Key Account Management principles
- Develop and execute payer management strategies and formulate new, mutually-beneficial initiatives to address the evolving demands of the marketplace
- Gain a detailed operational knowledge of regional account customers and be adept at helping those customers identify their specific needs
- Identify and track key performance metrics for managed markets objectives and strategies
- Together with Sales, Marketing and Customer Service/Billing, assist with launch strategies and tactics for managed markets
- Work with Managed Markets Marketing to create necessary managed care and trade materials, including, marketing promotion, and trade presentations
Together with the Training, develop the initial and ongoing training of regional account managers and medical policy specialists
Candidates for the position should have a BS or BA with a minimum 10 years of proven success leading payer contracting teams, healthcare related sales, team leadership, key account management, contracting, or comparable experience. Candidates should have a strong knowledge of healthcare industry and validated success working with commercial insurers and or government payers. Candidates should have well developed organizational, communication, presentation and negotiation skills. Strategic account management, previous managed care contracting experience and in-depth knowledge of the insurance industry is required. This position is preferably located at corporate headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah. Approximately 30% travel is required.