Director of Mainframe and Midrange Storage Systems
Position Description Overview
Director of Mainframe and Midrange Storage Systems leads a global technical storage (disk and VTS) team addressing all facets of disk and VTS (IBM DS8K, IBM TS77K, EMC DLM) installation, migration, support. Solutions include hyperswap, GM and MM, RLS, Pervasive Encryption, and standard disk/VTS storage management functions.
- Is responsible for managing people, hiring, firing, performance reviews and compensation.
- Provides guidance, planning and direction for functional units supported. Proactively allocates resources and maintains and controls expenses.
- Recommends strategy for functional and business units supported and ensures the implementation of high-end, business-wide, critical strategy set by senior management.
- Performs additional job duties as required.
Scope of Job
Manages two or more diverse functional units. Is the leader for assigned resources. Coaches direct reports and subordinates within the functional units supported.
Allocates resources to support IT strategy. Requires minimal direction from manager on hiring, firing, performance reviews and compensation administration. Resolves routine issues. Escalates serious issues to more senior management.
- Requires 6+ years of related technical and business experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience and/or Certifications.
- Has strong knowledge of IT systems, practices and functional units.
- Strong knowledge of multiple languages and tools.
- Provides technical consultation to the business units supported.
- Has expert knowledge of business operations, policies and practices.
- Has strong knowledge of the industry supported.
- Recommends IT strategy to support goals of the business units supported.
- Industry Knowledge