- An interdisciplinary scientific leader to design PathAI’s application-driven and pathology-domain-oriented long-term research strategy, aimed at keeping PathAI at the cutting-edge of improving patient outcomes via next-generation pathology.
- Plan, oversee and provide technical guidance for the execution of ML/DL/CV methods research projects undertaken by ML engineers and ML scientists.
- Provide technical guidance to ML engineers and biomedical researchers working on PathAI partner-driven clinical and translational research projects.
- Attain and maintain a thorough, end-to-end understanding of PathAI business goals, ML team high-level scientific goals and the tools and processes we use to meet these. Use this understanding to identify and propose new research directions.
- Mentor and coach junior team members as they develop their skills working through their own ML and clinical research projects.
- Scientific and technical leadership experience - a track record of guiding scientists/engineers through research projects.
- Strong, documented record in developing and applying novel ML/DL/CV methods to biomedical research problems and/or clinical applications.
- Sufficient biomedical domain expertise to guide company research strategy, as well as to relate high-level medical and scientific goals to specific ML problems and approaches.
- Thorough understanding and strongly conversant in the theory underlying both classical ML and DL.
- Shown team leadership and management experience, recruit, engage and develop staff with advanced degrees.
- An interdisciplinary communicator - ability to describe technical ML concepts to biomedical researchers and clinicians, and to convey scientific and medical goals to ML researchers.
- Applied stats / biostatistics experience.
- Familiarity with software engineering best practices and deploying ML models at scale in production systems.
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Weekly in-office yoga classes