Coinbase's vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by creating an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone.
Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use than any alternative. Those principles guide every decision across the company from design through engineering, from operations through security.
The Data organization's mission is to "Revolutionize value creation from data for the open financial system in the most trusted way." This role is the Lead for the Machine Learning team as part of the organization.
- Define the vision, mission, strategic direction, and roadmap for Machine learning and AI, and be accountable for efficient execution and business impact.
- Hire, retain, and grow a super talented team in a fast-paced environment
- Create tools and operational processes to improve machine learning productivity
- Evangelise machine learning and AI internally and externally, including attending conferences and being a thought leader in the space
- 8+ years of industry experience in data science and machine learning, preferably at a consumer product company
- 3+ years of experience managing machine learning/AI teams
- Expert-level experience with machine learning that can be applied to business problems
- Experience with building and deploying large scale machine learning models in a real product setting with business impact
- Experience with one of the ML platforms: Python / scikit-learn, Spark, vowpal wabbit, etc
- Fluent in data fundamentals: SQL, data manipulation using a procedural language, statistics, experimentation, and modeling
- Exhibit our core cultural values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Continuous Learning, Efficient Execution
- Degree in a field that has very applicable use of data science / statistics techniques (e.g. statistics, applied math, computer science, OR a science field with direct statistics application)