Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Optimize current logistics and warehouse process to best in class.
- Responsible for efficient and cost-effective inventory management and warehouse operations across multiple locations.
- Manage Diversified’s logistics and transportation spend, from strategy through operational execution.
- Analyze current footprint and analyze costs and time requirements to deliver to fulfillment sites.
- Lead the team that ensures order fulfillment teams have the necessary product when and where they need it to support a just-in-time schedule.
- Participate in strategic planning related to identifying short- and long-term strategies for the inventory and warehousing teams.
- Formulate & execute major policies, programs & objectives (both strategic & tactical) to ensure company's success within the warehouse.
- Oversee the company's material handling and storage operations to ensure smooth flow of product into and out of the production facilities, fulfillment sites, and storage facilities.
- Work cross-functionally through multiple departments to ensure efficient product flow.
- Maximize labor productivity and limit overtime with improvements in scheduling, work planning and work processes.
- Develop and implement procedures to maintain inventory accuracy and security.
- Ensure the physical condition of all warehouse facilities and equipment are maintained by developing, implementing, and/or ensuring the use of standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining and implementing warehouse safety programs to provide a safe and clean workplace for employees and within the regulations of all OSHA local and state regulations.
- Develop employees, create performance improvement plans, administer corrective counseling, and identify training opportunities when appropriate.
- Develop metrics to measure performance and regularly review and address findings to continually tune organizational operations.
- Understand business needs by partnering with leaders across the business to understand and predict product needs of the business, locations and cost-effective ways to manage multiple locations and flow of materials.
Decision Making Authority:
- Responsibility for North America Warehouse and Logistics function and organizational footprint.
Physical Working Environment:
- Normal office conditions generally apply, however site visits to warehouses and fulfillment sites may be required. Fulfillment sites may be under construction and the use of PPE may be required while on-site.
What do we require from you?
- Bachelor’s Degree and or equivalent experience.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- 8-10+ years logistics experience
- 5 years people leadership experience
- Experience in negotiation of global transportation and warehouse provider agreements
- Demonstrated Leadership skills and issue resolution
- Proven track record in transforming warehouse and logistics function, with strong emphasis on footprint optimization.
- Supply Chain transformation experience, with focus on successful implementation of cost projects