Pentair plc (NYSE: PNR) is a global company dedicated to building a safer, more sustainable world. Pentair delivers industry leading products, services and solutions that help people make the best use of the resources they rely on most. Its technology moves the world forward by ensuring that water is plentiful, useful and pure, and that critical equipment and those near it are protected. With 2016 revenues of $4.9 billion, Pentair employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
A global water leader focused on smart, sustainable water and fluid processing applications. It designs, manufactures and delivers innovative solutions to residential, commercial and industrial customers who place a premium on high quality water and fluids. Strategic business units include Aquatic and Environmental Systems, Water Filtration, Water Technologies, Process Technologies, and Fluid Motion. Pentair's Water segment generated approximately $2.8 billion in sales in 2016.
Pentair is currently seeking a Driector of Logistics. The Director of Logistics will develop and execute the strategies and objectives for the Distribution, Transportation and Materials Management functions across the global Pentair sites. This function will manage the global transportation and global finished goods warehouses for all strategic business units. It will partner with Sales, Product Management, Operations, Supply Chain Planning, IT and Finance to drive overall improvement of enterprise value chains for our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute comprehensive global transportation and distribution, and material flow strategic plans which will drive optimal customer service and shareholder results in partnership/teamwork with functional and business unit peers and stakeholders.
- Develop/lead transformation planning for targeted improvement areas.
- Drive operational excellence and best practices across the logistics network to reduce costs per year while maintaining/increasing service levels and working capital performance.
- Drive change management activities related to material flow and velocity across the global sites.
- Enhance the Material Flow playbook.
- Identify and implement best in class processes, technologies (e.g., WMS and TMS), infrastructure and talent resources aligned to meet the scope and size of the business. Support lean enterprise thinking, processes and results.
- Assess, develop and strengthen logistics and materials talent within the organization. Manage and develop a team of strategic and tactical leaders to optimize logistics performance.
- Minimize company risk and maintain compliance in area of environment, health, and safety (EH&S).
- Ensure all regulatory and compliance measures are met within global guidelines.
- Follow up on defect trends – to include collaborating with managers and carriers.
- May be required to perform additional duties and special projects as assigned, including interim operating leadership roles.
Job Requirements & Skills
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A., B.S.) or equivalent required (Business, Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering or equivalent field preferred).
- 12+ years’ experience in logistics, transportation, supply chain, manufacturing and/or engineering which includes direct experience leading others preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Third Party Logistics (“Contract Logistics”) experience or logistics
- Experience implementing in Lean enterprise processes and thinking
- Lean material process knowledge including material flow, PFEP, replenishment strategies, milk-runs, etc.
- Strong knowledge of ERPs ( JDE or SAP systems ex.)
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to set strategic direction, and build a sense of shared purpose and vision
- Skill in process management, planning and change management
- Demonstrated skill in identifying root causes of problems/issues by asking probing questions and the ability to develop recommendations for resolution
- Collaborative leadership style. Ability to influence decision making, facilitate groups with diverse perspectives, lead teams to agreement and resolution, and maintain effective work relationships internally and externally.
- Change leadership. Possess the ability to adapt to rapidly changing business circumstance and have the ability to thrive in a constantly changing business environment. Effectively leadsothers during times of change.
- Approximately 50 % travel to include domestic and international destinations to visit Pentair facilities and various supplier locations. Travel as required by car, air, etc
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer.