Job Title: Senior Director of Logistics
Willing to Relocate: Yes
Education Requirements: BS/BA
- Develops sales strategy and value proposition to expand customer base and develop new relationships within pharmaceutical supply chains.
- Develops Total Transportation Management service line budget and manage to those commitments.
- Owns Total Transportation Management growth strategy and value proposition.
- Oversees sourcing resources and create strategies to manage vendor base of transportation providers to deliver optimal performance balancing quality, service, and cost. Ensure organizational structures, processes and systems are scalable to support a global service line.
- Develops and executes sales strategies designed to support the attainment of revenue goals.
- Reviews sales performance against plans and performance standards. Interprets results, communicates to subordinates and approves changes in direction of plans.
- Directs monitors and effectively appraises the performance of all direct reports providing training and development activities where appropriate, and holds staff accountable for their ongoing performance to specified standards.
- Model and foster excellent customer service (internal & external) in all functions and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates and promotes the company and Division's mission and vision.
- Generates and Delivers Performance Evaluations on time.
- Identifies resource needs and effectively advocates for approval of needed investments.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- Proven track record of success.
- BS/BA degree in business or the sciences, advanced degreepreferred.
- 15 years of experience within the life sciences logistics industry and 5 years progressive business management experience.
- 7+ years of management plus 5 years of customer facing experience.
- Familiarity with clinical supply chain, third party logistics and sourcing.
- Experience in managing budgets and accountability for delivering financial targets required.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgment and decision making in a complex and fast moving environment.
- Track record of developing and implementing strategies to drive service line growth.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfort with risk taking.
- Results- oriented with strong decision making ability.
- Sound administrative skills and well-developed management skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with and develop diverse personalities.
- Direct experience as a logistics service provider to the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in managing global departments and individuals preferred.