From our founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to remove the engineering burden from data teams by standardizing and fully automating data connectors. With Fivetran, your data just arrives in your warehouse, canonical and ready to query, no engineering or maintenance required. As we watch more and more companies leverage our technology to become truly data-driven, we’re proud not only of our growth but also of the fact that we’ve grown without compromising our core values.
We do the right thing, even when it's harder in the short run. We challenge the status quo by reasoning from first principles.
Fivetran belongs to all of us. We take ownership and are accountable for getting things done. Through curiosity, learning, and coaching, we grow as individuals and teams.
One team, one dream.
We share the pains and successes of our customers, partners and colleagues. We seek, gather, and trust a diverse group of teammates with different perspectives to guide Fivetran's progress.
If these values resonate with you, we’d love to hear from you.
Fivetran is looking for our first legal hire to develop and execute our global legal processes. As our Director of Legal, you will be responsible for overseeing all day-to-day legal activities including commercial contracts, privacy and security compliance, employment law, transactions, equity, litigation, other, and general corporate matters. This position will partner cross-functionally across our entire Executive Leadership Team and many business functions including Sales, Alliances, Human Resources, Security, Engineering, Product, and Finance.
As the Director of Legal, you will:
- Review and advise on pending and developing applicable law and regulations
- Work with Security and Compliance to develop a strategy with applicable laws and regulations relating to privacy, security, and other compliance matters
- Work with Finance and Revenue Operations to review and execute complex commercial contracts with a diverse range of customers and partners
- Work with Human Resources to handle employment matters and create and review employment-related documentation and contracts
- Manage all external legal resources to assist with subjects across customer agreements, employment, and general corporate matters
- Advise the leadership team on legal matters critical to the growth of the businessAnticipate and plan for all legal risks, and develop strategies to mitigate those risks.
- Advise the leadership team on legal matters critical to the growth of the business
- Support continuous improvements of forms, policies, and processes to help streamline, simplify and automate the contracting processes
- Ensure that all Vendor Contracts, Customer Contracts, Leases, Employment Agreements, Corporate Documents are reviewed and upkeep on an ongoing basis
- Lead our IP strategy by managing trademark and patent applications, and working with stakeholders in Product and Engineering to understand any IP needs
- Advise on key corporate governance and compensation-related issues
- Review and implement key commercial form contracts
- Own the review and execution of Fivetran’s corporate insurance needs
- Support Employee Stock Option Program and similar programs
- Support in navigating compliance and legal complexities with our international expansion efforts
What you'll bring to the table:
- J.D degree from an accredited law school and licensed to practice law in California
- Strong background meeting regular input review timelines, reporting deadlines and communication of material initial findings
- Excellent project management skills and ability to work cross-department in a fast-paced team
- Strong communication skills and a proactive attitude towards building relationships
- Analytical skills and the experience exercising sound business and situational judgment
- Significant drafting and negotiation experience including in relation to software/technology license/cloud agreements and professional services agreements
- Multifaceted legal experience across areas such as corporate governance, employment and equity, security and compliance, financing, etc.
- Proficient knowledge of re