This is a unique opportunity to be a leader on a highly influential legal team in an innovative, collaborative environment where your work will have a major impact on our employees and the trajectory of the company.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be part of a small and influential in-house legal team that is directly involved in the company’s strategic decisions and operations
- Advise senior executives and the People & Culture team on mission-critical employment decisions, policies, and practices
- Coordinate and manage employment-related projects, policy drafting and implementation and training programs
- Manage legal risks and provide solutions for resolving employment disputes
- Participate in the creation and delivery of trainings related to employment law matters, such as harassment training and other manager trainings on a variety of topics
- Manage and drive strategy on pre-litigation and litigation matters, hiring and supervising outside counsel as needed
- Stay abreast of new and proposed employment law developments, best practices, and trends to ensure continued compliance
- Manage, work with, and learn from outside counsel
- Perform other special assignments or projects as needed or desired
- Join a growing company at the forefront of retail and technology, transforming the way people find what they love
We’re excited about you because you have…
- A J.D. and 6 - 10 years of relevant experience practicing law, including at least three years at a leading law firm as an employment attorney and significant time spent in-house at a tech or retail company
- An ability to bring a practical, business lens to difficult compliance questions
- Broad expertise in California employment laws, including wage and hour, employee agreements, classification, and separations
- Familiarity with employment legal issues in other states, ideally including some of Arizona, Georgia, Indiana, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas
- A team-oriented, collaborative disposition and ability to help make your colleagues better
- Active admission in good standing with the California State bar
Why you'll love working at Stitch Fix...
- We are a group of bright and kind people who are motivated by challenge. You can be your authentic self at Stitch Fix, and you are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing public company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Transforming the way people find what they love”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day.