The Director of Legal is responsible for all Legal related issues. The Director will also provide legal analysis and counsel as well as prepare and negotiate documentation in various disciplines including patents and intellectual property, mergers and acquisitions, real estate, licensing, corporate formation, labor law, litigation and vendor contracts, among others.
The Director is astute at anticipating legal risks thereby structuring legal briefs and documents and establishing policy to safeguard the company's tangible and intangible assets.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide analysis and counsel on legal, policy, and various corporate issues to include protecting intellectual property, mergers & acquisitions, financial offerings, financial structuring, securities offerings, compliance issues, non-disclosure agreements, outsourcing agreements and business strategic planning.
- Provide advice on full range of domestic and international employment and global mobility, expatriate and international assignments and global immigration matters.
- Provide support to maintain, determine and/or remediate legal compliance issues impacting the company's global operations from an overall employment law, compensation and benefits perspective.
- Review and provide input on policies, procedures and issues impacted by legislation affecting the company's international operations.
- Support global business development, technology, operations, marketing, HR and finance functions with day-to-day legal advice and counseling.
- Advise on the negotiation and interpretation of service-related transactions, including vendor and customer agreements.
- Perform legal services related to the procurement and enforcement of protection for the company's intellectual property rights on a worldwide basis.
- Lead investigation of suspected infringements of our intellectual property rights, and direct outside counsel in any resultant litigation.
- Establish engagement contracts, draft templates, and advise on legal implications of contract terms.
- Negotiate, document, and close loan transactions, real estate acquisitions, dispositions, and leasing.
- Handle estate matters efficiently and cost effectively in support of the organization objectives.
- Coordinate real estate closings and manage post-closing process and effectively exchange routine legal/lease oriented correspondence.
- Represent the organization or its officials in various legal proceedings
- Preparation of legal complaints, briefs, motions, interrogatories, and responses related to legal disputes administered by courts and arbitral panels
- Engagement and management of external counsel for litigation matters
Desired Skills and Experience
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree and Juris Doctor from an accredited law school and three to five years of corporate law experience.
- Knowledge of international, regional, and local laws. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Wide range of knowledge in commercial law.
- Requires membership in the State/Federal Bar as an attorney qualified to practice law in various countries.
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills