We are currently recruiting for a dynamic HR professional for our Director of Learning & Development opening. This person will direct the assessment, learning and development of management talent to meet current and future organizational needs.
They will design, develop and implement learning opportunities and programs to support business initiatives. The Director of L&D will lead succession planning process and ensures required development plans are properly designed and executed for top talent and high potential associates.
This position will be based in Salisbury, MD at our newly opened Perdue Learning University facility.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. In conjunction with both business and Human Resource partners, directs the establishment of appropriate strategies to ensure the Company develops adequate management talent to meet its current and future needs. As needed, ensures proper and consistent utilization of assessment tools, developmental plans, etc.
2. Assists in meeting company profit goals by ensuring linkage of learning efforts to company goals, priorities and initiatives. Ensures development efforts are effective and are changed as required by changing business needs. Helps business solve business problems through learning and development solutions.
3. Oversees the design, development and execution of all learning and development programs and processes. This includes, but is not limited to, management training programs for college hires, supervisory training programs, skill based training, use of technology based training programs, succession planning process, e-learning programs, on-line high school education, educational reimbursement program, and the like.
4. Executes overall responsibility for Succession Planning Process, in collaboration with HR business partners and VP of HR Services, to include design, data gathering, calibration meetings, and final presentation to senior leadership and the Board of Directors on an annual basis. Also includes responsibility for development of top talent and high potential associates.
5. Designs and evaluates metrics and measurements that ensure ROI on learning and development initiatives. Ensure both business partners and HR partners understand learning goals, strategies, metrics and results achieved.
6. Manages Perdue Learning University (Downtown Salisbury, MD) and staff to include facilities management and leadership for 8-10 major education events per year as well as on-going classroom training for associates.
Minimum Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources or related field plus 8-10 years of relevant work experience in learning and development at a senior level. Track record of success in developing learning and development programs to include e-learning, classroom, experiential as well as work with an LMS system.
Experience delivering full succession planning process to senior leadership and/or Board of Directors. Ability to successfully collaborate with all levels of management at both Corporate and field locations.
Knowledge of administration and interpretation of talent assessments. Proven curriculum development and facilitation expertise. SAP/Success Factors experience preferred.
Valid Through: 2019-11-12