Objective / Purpose
The Corporate Director of Learning and Talent Development is responsible to lead the design, implementation and assessment of all learning and talent development key strategic actions for the Kessler collection. In partnership with the Corporate Vice President of Human Resources, develops an effective strategy for all learning and talent development needs, programs and initiatives.
Areas of Responsibility / Tasks
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assesses organizational learning and talent needs and identifies performance opportunities for leaders, departments, properties and the company.
- Conducts property and department research and collaborates with leadership to determine training needs.
- Compiles data and analyzes past and current year training requirements to prepare budgets and justify funds requested.
- Leads all learning and development programs, initiatives and results for the company and drives company culture.
- Creates and designs new learning and development training programs and tools.
- Researches and selects outside consultants and trainers to conduct training in specific topics.
- Facilitates training for different levels for the organization.
- Certifies/approves trainers to facilitate department specific training.
- Analyzes trends and data to ensure all internal and external learning and talent programs and systems are effective
- Assesses the learning and development actions to show ROI.
- Conducts property service and culture standard audits. Collaborates with property leadership on an action/training plan if needed.
- Partners with Senior Leadership to ensure hotel affiliation standards are met along with required training programs. (Marriott, Autograph and JW)
- Implements Service Excellence training programs to improve guest engagement scores.
- Partners with property team on required compliance training programs and reporting.
- Leads the Manager in Training program for the collection.
- Supports the succession planning initiative by guiding leaders in career development planning.
- Partners with the Talent Acquisition leaders on college and institution relationships for internship training program.
- Leads the SME ( Subject Matter Expert ) and Job Coach training program.
- Partners with key leaders to develop successful on-boarding training plans.
- Partners with HR on internal communication standards, content and strategy.
- Partners with key leaders to develop pre-opening training strategies for new hotel openings.
- Administers the learning management system.
- Leads the Tuition Reimbursement Program for the collection.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals.
- Experience building out effective use of Learning Management Systems.
- Strong project management skills
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Recognized as a Subject Matter Expert in tactics and training disciplines.
- Must have current knowledge on all laws, regulations and industry best practices pertaining to their area of responsibility.
- Ability to compile and deliver written or verbal training tools.
- Ability to demonstrate experience in content creation, maintenance of training processes, and the successful development of ongoing training and development programs.
- Ability to successfully troubleshoot and resolve problems and questions professionally.
Education, License, Certifications, Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related training equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title
- Experience within luxury brand/markets
- Experience with Training and Development at a senior position