he Director of Learning and Development provides strategic and “hands-on” leadership and application of the Learning & Development function at KSM, addressing the diverse needs of a hybrid work environment. This includes oversight, identification, development and execution of strategies, initiatives and policies related to competency frameworks, curriculum design, leadership development, onboarding, offboarding, learning management technology and CPA and other designations compliance; all of this with a future-focused mindset in support the firm’s growth strategy.
- Become quickly immersed into KSM’s culture, acting as a strategic partner with firm leaders to accomplish critical business objectives.
- Collaborate with the many different industry and service group leaders to identify skills and competencies needed to strengthen and grow these groups and the firm. Develop firm and unique learning plans to accomplish these objectives.
- Lead, drive and execute live and virtual delivery of an experiential-based learning and development curriculum, including technical, career, advisory, business development and other critical skills.
- Build effective training programs regarding firm’s policies and procedures, compliance, safety and security protocols, new hire orientation and onboarding.
- Responsible for the firm’s mentor program.
- Influence a data-driven and technology-enabled approach to learning, to include an awareness and application of analytics, dashboards, AI, etc.
- Develop, implement, and maintain all learning and development policies, standards, processes, and tools while ensuring compliance with firm regulatory requirements.
- Create and utilize top-performing external technical, technological, advisory, communication and career skills service providers, industry-known experts and thought leaders.
- Lead, inspire and develop a team of learning and development professionals.
- Pursue continuous improvement in the delivery of all learning and development programs and curriculums while ensuring training content is addressing skill/behavior gaps.
- Serve as an active advocate and change-agent regarding DEI programs and initiatives.
- Responsible for budgeting and the overall financial management of learning and development programs.
- 15 + years of experience in learning and development, with at least 8-10 of these leading the learning and development function, preferably within a professional services environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- SHRM-SCP and/or L&D-specific designation(s) such as CPTD.
- Ability to quickly build trust and relationships.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices, tools, programs, and technology associated with the learning and development function, with a future-focused mindset.
- Proven success in interacting with and influencing senior leaders.
- Experience with various assessment tools.
- Experience building, leading, and developing a team of L&D professionals.
- Must possess demonstrated ability to lead, inspire and develop relationships, navigate through complex matters, and manage conflict.
- Advanced organizational and project management skills.
- Aptitude for thriving in a fast-paced, growing environment