Industry: Hospitals & Medical Centers•
8 - 10 years
Posted 37 days ago
Champions and engages with all levels of leadership and caregivers across PeaceHealth in implementing a culture of lean transformation, building trust and collaborative relationships. Promotes the principles, values and methodologies required to support the lean transformation. Provides leadership, guidance and support to ensure alignment and standardization around the lean strategy, language and methodology for the assigned network
1. Works collaboratively with leadership and stakeholders within the assigned network to develop, align and implement strategic and operational improvements utilizing standard and consistent lean methodologies and tools.
2. Ensures lean transformation activities integrate seamlessly with other departments and activities across PeaceHealth to maximize continuous and sustainable improvements.
3. Leads and implements lean transformation projects and provides coaching and training for assigned network leaders, caregivers and team members.
4. Provides daily leadership and management of lean transformation resources and activities for assigned team. Recommends selection of staff, provides departmental staff management, assignment of work, caregiver development and performance management. Evaluates competence and initiates performance improvement plans to develop staff, provide meaningful and constructive feedback.
5. Provides input to department budget development, manages expenses, and ensures expenses stay within budget.
6. Ensures the implementation and adherence to system standard lean transformation principles, methodologies and processes to enable high value, highly reliable, and standardized work processes.
7. Facilitates improvement and redesign, including administrative and clinical workflows.
8. Educates and coaches leaders and caregivers in adoption and practice of lean transformation standards, methodologies, tools and processes.
9. Creates and supports an environment that fosters and supports teamwork.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, Nursing or related clinical field is required.
Master's degree preferred.
Minimum of 7 years of related experience of applying lean principles and methodologies.
Minimum of 5 years of management and/or leadership experience required.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Lean Leader certification preferred.
Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
Ability to champion the importance of striving to improve the cost, quality, safety, and accessibility of healthcare services, with a focus on creating value.
Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
Excellent communication, facilitation and interpersonal relationship skills.
Ability to develop and important relationships with key stakeholders and collaborate with all levels within the organization.
Strong technical, computer and presentation skills.
Able to maintain flexibility and composure under pressure.
Is a role model in support of PeaceHealth's mission and core values.
Ability to travel as required.