Leverages lean and six sigma knowledge of CI tools along with strong leadership competencies to recognize and drive opportunities for improvement across all aspects of the business. The Director will train and mentor all functional process owners in the concepts and tools of CI and work with Staff to develop an overall CI strategy that best meets the needs of the organization. This position will develop and foster a culture of CI by leading improvement activities involving employees from all levels of the organization and drive the formation and coordination of the business improvement portfolio of strategies. This will include developing the inputs from operational metrics, internal and external customer feedback, employee feedback and executive direction to identify challenges; taking these inputs to formulate the company’s Strategic Goal Deployment, improvement projects/events and process accountability; and coordinating with leadership to deliver the necessary outputs that will drive business outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities of the job:
- Architects, implements and manages organization-wide center of excellence for CI, including methodology, roadmap, capability development, training, deployment and sustainability.
- Partners heavily with business leaders to create and imbed a culture of continuous improvement as a standard operating practice. Ensures all areas receive appropriate support to further continuous improvement efforts.
- Support COGS and SG&A functions in development and deployment of a PPI roadmap to make step-level changes in performance (productivity and other Key Performance Indicators).
- Coaches, mentors and provides general support/leadership to the organization on the use of Lean and Six Sigma continuous improvement tools.
- Actively lead and participate in Continuous Improvement activities and collaboration across the corporation.
- Develop, implement, and drive an operations/business continuous improvement roadmap that includes a project selection methodology/list and, work with the management team to deploy the plan.
- Drive value stream mapping to define current and the transition to future state.
- Directly responsible to implement service realization and fiscal performance of strategic programs.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, develop a project plan for implementing improvements, monitor the new process to ensure it works as intended, and train and mentor those assigned to improvement opportunities as needed.
- Lead 5S deployment throughout Calero in both operations, engineering and administrative areas.
- With Quality Assurance, carry out advanced data collection and analysis for process mapping, budget development and cost analysis to determine project feasibility.
- Lead, train and mentor all Calero management personnel to drive customer satisfaction, cost savings efforts through cycle time decreases, transactional opportunities, setup reduction, etc.
- Advise managers and executives on gaps and opportunities for integration of the business system and process improvements, within and between work groups.
- Recommend training programs and interact with outside and internal trainers.
- With HR leadership, help drive all employee engagement activities across the organization.
- Assist and provide guidance, as necessary, with Sales, Operations and Product/Engineering Development Leaders to create and communicate ongoing Supplier PPI strategy. This includes personnel and staffing decisions.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (industrial or manufacturing engineering preferred), similar technical degree and or Business degree with technical background via experience. MBA preferred.
- Recognized Black Belt certification required.
- Certified Kaizen Leader (lean practitioner) in multiple lean tools preferred.
Experience and Training:
- Ten plus years of operations/software development/services related work experience, preferably in both high and low volume mix model production.
- Strong math, analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, good interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, negotiation and time management skills
- Experience developing processes, writing procedures and training hourly and exempt associates.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and set priorities to meet deadlines on schedule and within forecasted budget.
- Demonstrated ability to creating and execute influence strategies that persuade key stakeholders to take action that will advance shared interests and business goals
- Demonstrated success in translating strategic priorities into operational reality; aligning communication, accountabilities, resource capabilities, internal processes, and ongoing measurement systems to ensure that strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results.
- Demonstrated success in identifying and driving organizational and cultural changes needed to adapt strategically to changing market demands, technology, and internal initiatives; catalyzing new approaches to improve results by transforming organizational culture, systems, or products/services.
- Broad knowledge of multi-functional, multi-site, global organizational processes and financial business methods
- Superior leadership skills with proven ability to effectively manage and develop a diverse team of people, and facilitate effective cross-cultural business inter-action.
- Detail oriented with the ability to see bigger picture and envision step-change scenarios.
- Financial literacy sufficient to understand Financial Statements and Budgets.
- Great communicator at all levels of the organization, including accomplished written, oral and presentational skills.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English; multi-lingual preferred
- High ethical standards to support a professional business code of conduct
- Self-motivated, with a bias for action.
- Experience with continuous improvement tools (e.g. Lean, SPC, statistical analyses, problem solving, benchmarking, running kaizens, Value Stream Mapping, Visual Management, Kanban,
- A3's, DMAIC (define, measure, analyze, improve control)
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills including forecasting ability, measuring the success of team members, monitoring team and individual goals and sharing success factors with the team.
- Exhibit strong statistical skills (i.e., Master Black Belt) to drive continuous improvement
This position will have access to both Calero confidential and client confidential information, and must be able to ensure both sensitive internal and external information is protected and only distribute to those that require access to the information.
This role will build, motivate and manage a team of professionals to meet or exceed Lean Transformation program objectives.