If you offer leadership ability and experience in developing and implementing Lean Manufacturing (OPEX) and Continuous Improvement, you may have interest in this Director of Lean Manufacturing job position in Elkhart, Indiana. In this role you will define and prioritize initiatives implementing value stream and following best practices and coaching Lean Champions/Coordinators while reducing inefficiencies, improving profitability, and making strategic recommendations to senior leadership. You will report to the Senior Vice President
Top Reasons to Work for our Client:
- Largest manufacturer and supplier in North America in its niche of products
- Comprised of multiple companies with well-known product brands
- Multiple U.S. locations
- Competitive salaries and benefits
What is in it for you?
- Opportunity to lead and set strategic direction for this manufacturing site in Lean manufacturing following Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement
- Competitive salary and benefits
What will you be doing?
- Act as trusted advisor to business unit leaders in order to improve overall business performance. Identify and prioritize Lean initiatives and events with operations leadership.
- Ensure engagement and responsibility is assigned within the organization to see that the benefits of each project are realized.
- Incorporate EHS function into the OPEX process to include hazard assessment on frequent Gemba Walks and 5S implementation and reduce incident opportunities.
- Effectively leverage Production Planning System (PPS) across all facilities to optimize savings throughout the enterprise.
- Ensure availability of internal training materials, implementation of educational programs and mentoring thereof for effectiveness.
- Drive development and deployment of programs that breed a culture of waste elimination, improve cycle time, reduce variation, eliminate defects, and improve compliance by directly providing hands on leadership of key projects and teams for continuous improvement.
- Develop and mentor site level Lean Champions/Coordinators to grow the knowledge and experience of employees assigned to Lean leadership roles.
- Cooperate with Lean Champions to ensure adequate resources, support and consultation to realize key projects in accordance with corporate strategy.
- Generate and distribute timely status reports to update management and facilitate implementation of countermeasures where goals are not attained.
- Define Kaizen events and generate a Kaizen bank with implementation plan to support Value Stream optimization and elimination of waste.
- Maintain the PPS Score Card and suggest changes to the process in order to drive CI.
- Effectively manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously, planning and scheduling work and activities to routinely meet cost and schedule parameters, and manage time efficiently.
- Excellent training and presentation skills with solid communication capabilities and practices, both oral and written.
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
What do you need for this position?
- Bachelor?s degree in engineering, technical or business discipline.
- 10 years of progressive experience in management of LEAN implementation in a reputable CI environment.
- Experience of at least one LEAN implementation and demonstrated transition championed by the candidate.
- Experience with polymers, resins and paint is preferred but not required
- Relevant project management, quality and production management in manufacturing.
- Six Sigma and/or LEAN Certification from a reputable Institution.
- Ability to be hands-on
- Extensive knowledge in industry standard ?Lean? tools and processes used to drive operational excellence including but not limited to: VSM, kaizen leadership, one piece flow, and 5S.
- Ability to learn new concepts and effectively pass this knowledge on to others through classroom training or the design of practical experiences and exercises.
- Must be able to work effectively as an individual contributor and possess solid interpersonal relationship and communications skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to travelrequired. Estimated 25-50%.
- Position requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Position may require occasional weekend and/or evening work for Kaizen events, etc.