Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President, Operations, JBPCO, the Director, Lean and Materials will be assigned special assignments over the course of multiple years with the primary purpose of assisting the various business units within JBPCO in improving material flow and operations at the various manufacturing locations. Additionally, the individual will provide functional support for the maintenance and perpetuation of the Poindexter Production System (PPS) which is based on Lean principles.
- Execute projects to assist business units to enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency throughout the company’s operations.
- Introduce improvements in planning, scheduling and inventory management processes at various plant locations. Work will be performed in conjunction with and through plant personnel.
- Implement PFEP across all JBPCO manufacturing locations.
- Implement SIOP across all businesses
- Teach and facilitate problem solving, daily management, value stream mapping and kaizen breakthrough events
- Develop best practices in coordination with plant and other operational leaders to ensure adherence to Lean principles throughout the businesses.
- Assist in implementation of Enterprise Resource Planning systems by participating in the design of such systems and in training personnel.
- Be an effective coach and mentor to manufacturing personnel at different JBPCO locations on matters related to planning, scheduling and inventory management.
- 10-15 years’ experience in industrial manufacturing
- 4-year degree required; Master’s level degree preferred. APICS certification a plus.
- Considerable prior experience in Lean methodologies with a particularly strong focus on creating material flow, SIOP, problem solving, daily management, VSM and Kaizen.
- A proven track record of success in managing, mentoring, coaching and directing team members
- Strong level of financial acumen. Should be able to read and dissect income statement and balance sheet and identify improvement opportunities.
- Expertise in ERP systems use (preferably JD Edwards E1)
- Strong analytical, problem solving, planning and general business skills.
- Proven track record of driving best practices, improving productivity and profitability throughout operations.