Summary of Position:
The Director of Land is responsible for overall management of the land acquisition and development department. They are responsible for developing awareness of types of opportunities that fit company’s land acquisition strategies and understanding of current market trends in land development and homebuilding.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify potential land acquisition targets through detailed study of tax maps and networking with attorneys, engineers and others involved in residential land development.
- Responsible for Bond maintenance.
- Development/Entitlement Budgeting.
- Responsible for lot takedown schedules, land pipeline schedules, and LOC updates.
- Run “Greenbook” process.
- Achieve starts projections and closings on new communities.
- Maintain inventoryreports, critical dates, contract summaries and periodic market analysis.
- Maintain Land Contract files, maps and other files in Division office.
- Responsible for SWPPP management and compliance.
- Network with other builders and developers to maintain market awareness; develop key contacts introductions to DP to become a strong competitor in Division’s market area.
- Assist management in negotiating terms and specifics of purchase and sale agreements.
- Responsible for timely and accurate installation of all land development improvements
- HOA Management.
- Manages Project Consultants and Business Partners (contractors) on residential land development projects; these may include but not limited to Planners, Engineers, Attorneys, Environmental Scientists and Excavation/Utility Contractors.
- This position must ensure timely and accurate design and installation of all land development improvements including but not limited to grading operations, water and sewer services, dry utilities, paving and sidewalks, hardscapes and landscape and landscape improvements, and compliance with NPDES and SWPPP regulations. #LI-ML1
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelordegree in business administration, engineering, accounting, finance or similar program required
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Ability to read and understand engineering and architectural plans at a high level of proficiency
- Knowledge of sales/negotiating principles and real estate
- Must be detail-oriented and a problem-solver able to deal with complex situations.
- Computer literacy, especially regarding word processing, spreadsheet analysis, project scheduling and data management software.