Bourbon Community Hospital
Directs the department's activities and resources to achieve departmental and organizational objectives.
- Develops and implements departmental goals, plans, and standards consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal, and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Directs and evaluates departmental operations, including patient care delivery, information technologies, service level determination, and complaint management, to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
- Plans and monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares, monitors, and evaluates departmental budgets, and ensures that the department operates in compliance with allocated funding. Coordinates and directs internal/external audits.
- Creates and fosters an environment that encourages professional growth.
- Integrates evidence-based practices into operations and clinical protocols.
- May perform order entry, specimen collection, laboratory testing, quality control, calibration, trouble shooting, and proficiency testing to meet staffing needs.
Bachelors degree in Clinical Laboratory Science - Required
Masters Degree- Preferred
Medical Laboratory Scientist by ASCP or
Medical Technologist by AMT