Position Summary: Directs operations related to the clinical laboratory. Provides overall direction to laboratory managers/supervisors. Creates alignment with hospital staff, department directors, and physicians to foster open communication. Oversees all workflows to maintain the highest standard of quality and service. Prepares and manages the budget for costs related to the clinical laboratory. Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Works closely with hospital staff, department directors and physicians to ensure that the highest standards of quality and service are maintained.
- Writes and updates procedures and manuals as needed; reviews employees annually to ensure they have current information needed to perform tests and procedures.
- Manages, updates and takes responsibility for the quality of laboratory work processes.
- Prepares the laboratory budget for costs such as personnel, equipment, supplies and consumables, and ensures adherence to it.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive Laboratory Services experience in Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science, of which three (3) of those years with an emphasis on management of a Medical Laboratory.
- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), or National Credentialing Agency for Laboratory Personnel (NCA) or Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS), or equivalent required. Additional state licensure as needed is required
- Business case development including financial analysis.
Job ID 2018-70061