The Category Director for information technology will lead a team to source, implement and manage national supply agreements up to $200 Million in value.
Functional Leadership: Collaborates with Sourcing Executive management to establish short term and long-term business objectives for the IT procurement functions. Staffs, leads, develops, trains and coaches a high performing motivated team of IT procurement professionals.
Collaboration and Partnership: Leads the engagement with IT and must drive priorities and objectives that align with the CIO and his leadership team while managing within our Purchasing Policies and Procedures. It is expected that the sourcing Director co-locate with the IT team to foster engagement at all levels. The Director should provide as much value and be a resource to the CIO as his own executive leadership team.
Category Management and Planning: Lead the development and execution of multiple IT category sourcing strategies designed to provide improvements in cost, quality and service performance. Partner with the business in evaluating opportunities and challenging the status quo. Prioritize a portfolio of high-value strategic sourcing opportunities, ensuring proper sequencing, resourcing and business support. Understand global and regional supply markets, including major suppliers and capabilities, capacity and projected price movements. Individual will be versed in ongoing technology advancements and be equipped to discuss alternates in line with new technological developments. Educate end users about new contracts, track and ensure compliance with approved contracts and manage the teams work and strategy around expiring contracts.
Strategic Sourcing and Contract Management: Drive sourcing projects defined within the category strategy. Consistently apply contemporary methods and processes to deliver total cost value creation and supply assurance. Develop comprehensive implementation plans with stakeholders and end users; ensure involvement of all organizations and individuals impacted. Develop the teams professional contracting approaches consistent with category strategy and business objectives through incentives, long term agreements, and partnerships of driving major commercial decisions. Ensures all sourcing efforts leverage market intelligence.
Purchasing Operations and Demand Management: Director will work in collaboration with Functional IT leaders to understand specific needs, understand volume forecasts to ensure highest quality of sourcing support and coverage. Drive the utilization of leading e-procurement tools such as catalog creation as appropriate to enhance ease of interaction with sourcing.
Reporting and Intelligence: Provide regular intelligence to stakeholders regarding the company's evolving spend profile and savings results.
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES:Contractors serving in the Category Managers role and sourcing associates.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:Technical Experience:
- Minimum 10 years in progressively challenging roles in sourcing, negotiations, category management leadership and supplier management.
- Experience managing IT services spend using multiple step strategic sourcing processes.
- Clear understanding of current IT market trends and opportunities, near shoring, cloud computing and other new technology.
- Demonstrated ability to add value to a highly embedded IT partner relationship via demand management, process re-engineering and or other innovative strategies.
- Expert level financial and analytical skills; embraces fact based decision making; naturally seeks to leverage and or integrate market data, spend analytics and cost modeling.
- Broad domain expertise in IT and DDS, with experience sourcing and managing suppliers in at least five of the following sub-categories, including all hardware, software, cloud and professional services related to each:
Data storage systems Local Area Network equipment Telecommunications services and equipment PBX switches Firewalls PCI compliance infrastructure eDiscovery systems Identity management systems Laptops, Desktops and Servers Data Warehouses Application support services Desk top help desk services Microsoft Licenses Data Centers Video Surveillance systems Marketing Resource Management systems Facility Maintenance Management systems Application software IT Consulting services Point of Sale systems (enterprise class) Call centers Software and/or application development Financial/accounting systems Hospitality systems Purchasing and/or PS2 systemsIBM i-series and/or p-Series environmentExperience in using e-sourcing tools to execute and manage sourcing projectsExperience in Ariba P 2 P and contract module.Experience in leveraging Gartner, Infotech and other industry tools to bring current and relevant IT strategy.Educational RequirementsBachelor's degree is required. Degree concentration in engineering, business, finance, or information systems management is preferred. MBA is a plus. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated excellence in managing internal customers, well-honed radar for stakeholder management.
- Track record of year over year delivery of distinctive value from strategic IT supply chain activities.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills, comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences.
- Develop and implement a comprehensives plan for assigned spend that drives improvements in cost, quality and delivery performance.
- Works specific cost reduction sourcing projects beginning to end while leading and coaching others with their sourcing projects
- Strong analytical skills. Able to seek out historical purchasing and usage data from multiple disparate sources, analyze the data and layout practical roadmaps to achieve cost reductions.
- Able to build a network with functional end-users and key stakeholders to influence change and maximize the benefits of national agreements
- Able to document specifications and supply requirements where none exist and obtain agreement from different stakeholders and end-users
- Develop, negotiate and manage supply agreements to ensure financial and service level goals are met
- Have a keen insight and understanding of business requirements on a 1-3-5 year horizon
- Able to mentor and lead a group of staff to achieve set objectives
- Must be successful at managing project work with multiple stakeholders while a steward of collaboration and participation of all its members.
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office products