Job SummaryAs a key member of the Pharmacy Renewal team, you will own the strategic development of an industry-leading platform that helps our pharmacy team deliver better customer experience on a daily basis. We are looking for someone who has a passion for design, embraces innovation and understands how technology can enhance lives.In this role, you will be the ultimate owner for delivering software within the agreed upon scope, including responsibility and accountability for delivery schedule, quality and budget. You will guide a cross-functional team of product managers, architects, developers and testers towards this goal. Another key responsibility will be to implement agile practices and processes within your team to ensure successful delivery of the platform. By regularly engaging a wide variety of stakeholder, you will provide visibility into key metrics that track status, assess risks and mitigate issues on a continuous basis. As a key member of the Engineering leadership team, you will help grow and mature the agile organization through effective hiring, coaching and development of a dynamic, globally distributed team.
- Develops and executes on IT product/service strategies and plans. Directs the operations of the assigned functional area to achieve strategic and operational business goals and targeted financial and content quality results. Establishes operational objectives for managers and/or teams of professionals in order to achieve the strategic and operational objectives of the group. Responsible for executing on functional and business goals for the specified area of expertise. Proactively addresses problems a cross functional areas of the business.
- Provides day-to-day administrative direction and oversight of key technology/information systems and general support activities.
- Works with key shareholders to formulate a comprehensive technology plan that is consistent with the overall business objectives and budgetary considerations.
- Works with others to brainstorm new processes and solutions to resolve client issues.
- Applies broad knowledge of product/service capabilities and environment to identify new growth areas, new technology and emerging product/service opportunities. Conducts technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects. Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Implements policies and defines approach to strategy achievement for specified area of responsibility. Analyzes long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies and decisions.
- Manages budgets, operational plans and performance requirements for the specified are of responsibility. Responsible for meeting budgetary goals and objectives.
- Facilitates communication between staff, management, vendors, and other technology resources within and outside of the organization. Shares highly complex information related to areas of expertise. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts.
- May establish and manage a broad range of internal/external relationships for the support of the technical aspects of the specified area of responsibility.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
- (i.e. hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc.)
- Yes 1
- Bachelor's degree and at least 8 years of IT experience OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 11 years of IT experience
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Pharmacy systems experience.
- Experience managing cross-functional and/or matrix teams.
- Experience with application development, testing and deployment
- Experience working with the application development lifecycle.
- Experience interacting at the executive level.
- At least 4 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 4 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's degree in IT, IS, Mathematics
- Master's degree OR MBA
- Experience with Agile methodologies / working with Scrum teams.
- Pharmacy systems experience.