Verisk Analytics has an amazing story to tell. In 2016, Forbes magazine named Verisk Analytics to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list and to its America’s Best Large Employers list. If you’re looking for a career that transforms, inspires, challenges, and rewards you, then come join us.
At Verisk, you can build a rewarding career with challenging and meaningful work; create a positive, lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
Verisk Analytics is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, natural resources, and financial services. We’ve been delivering data, analytics, and decision support services to our customers for more than 45 years. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
Verisk’s ISO Division Finance team is looking a Director of Commercial Lines and International Finance to provide strategic financial focus and thought leadership to our Commercial Lines and International business in order to help the BU achieve sustainable profit and growth. The Director of Commercial Lines and International Finance will have a decade of experience in progressively increasing responsibility supporting P&L leadership with budgeting, forecasting, financialreporting and analysis as well as providing on-demand analysis to support the needs of the business. S(he) will demonstrate professional gravitas and maturity to interact with the executive leadership of ISO Commercial Lines, and work closely with the P&L leaders within this BU. The Director will become a trusted advisor and thought partner for the ISO CL and International leadership team, and help the BU achieve its goals through deep understanding of the products, strategies, customers and the numbers.
The day to day expectations of this role are:
• Support the CL and International executive team in defining short and long-term strategic business and financial plans in partnership with ISO Finance and P&L leadership, identifying and implementing key finance and management initiatives to maximize profit and drive competitive growth
• Provide strategic oversight of day-to-day financial operations providing up to the minute reporting on revenue, expenses and headcount. Design and implement reporting dashboards per the requirements of the CL and International team.
• Lead the annual budgeting and planning process for Commercial Lines and International, working with BU executives to determine the growth prospects for each revenue account, build the 5 year P&L for the business unit
• Handle the monthly and quarterly close process for Commercial Lines and International, ensuring accurate accruals in the general ledger of all revenue, OPEX and CAPEX items
• Build strong, collaborative working relationships with business unit leadership, sales divisions, and corporate functions. Become an embedded member of the BU team, work through challenges and difficult issues, and celebrates joint success.
• Lead and inspire a team to high performance, credibility and continuous improvement. Ensure staff members understand daily workflows, performance expectations, and milestones. Provide appropriate feedback, development, training, coaching, mentoring.
The successful candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting, required. MBA or CFA preferred.
• 10+ years’ experience in budgeting and financial planning coupled with 5+ years’ experience in strategic financial management and pricing. Insurance industry experience is preferred
• Background in developing budgets, forecasts and reporting at the BU or enterprise level.
• Effective communications skills – able to anticipate, understand and successfully meet the reporting requirements of CL and International leadership. Present clear, consistent messages through dashboards and power point presentations
• Strong controllership background, able to review the general ledger and report on headcount, revenue, expenses (CAPEX, OPEX) by product line or in aggregare
• Strong team leader, manage the CL and International Finance team and develop or augment the talent as needed
• Strong strategic, technical, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills with a high level of demonstrated quantitative and finance skills.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with, and influence, senior business leaders.
• Advanced skill in Microsoft Excel (v-lookups and pivot tables); proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Access and PowerPoint).
• 8+ Supervisory and management experience.
• Strong business acumen in understanding and communicating complex business and economic information and implications.