The following is a brief description of responsibilities to be performed by the Director of IS.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish strategic direction for systems in concert with the CIO and with business counterparts in order to provide optimal support to theretail business and all of the userdepartments ofTilly’s:
- Develop strategic business plans for technology and internal client leaders.
- Participate in the development of strategy plans for all technology at Tilly’s.
- Ensure the direction Tilly’s pursues for its technology and application direction is consistent with the retail apparel/specialty industry (including utilization of standards as established by VICS, NRF, etc.) and the needs of the company.
- Participate in the development of overall strategic direction of operations and technology at Tilly’s necessary in strategic planning process.
- Manage on-going systems support and maintenance:
- Respond to client calls regarding systems integrity issues. Determine management of issue for staff resolution and project queue.
- Ensure all systems are fully operational.
- Ensure the data integrity of all applications.
- Work with Business users to prioritize issues and estimate their delivery
- Manage Development, QA and Support staff to ensure high availability of omni-channelinfrastructure
- Manage vendors for on time delivery of projects and issues
- Provide training through staff assignments or outside contractors as necessary for end users and internal staff members.
- Audit performance of applications and support staff via survey/feedback mechanisms of internal client leaders and end users.
- Manage systems implementations and upgrade projects:
- Define, analyze and document business requirement features to come up with technology solutions/alternatives; communicates with users on solutions, project scope and implementation timeline; develops functional, software and hardware requirements for new process or process enhancement.
- Communicates and coordinates with client groups and related IT functional areas to implement application changes; coordinates with vendors to implement production fixes, application enhancements and manages vendor delivery of production fixes and application upgrades
- Review business needs for application project with users and key systems users.
- Ensure project timelines, cost/benefit analysis, and resources have been planned and communicated by IT staff.
- Report project milestones to user group(s).
- Manage budgetary aspects of projects.
- Ensure user participation in review, sign off, and training in system projects.
- Note: Projects may include minor or major modifications to existing systems.
- Manage staff development:
- Conduct weekly meeting with direct reports to ensure all project and operational duties are being performed satisfactorily.
- Provide coaching on management activities, communication, project management, presentation content and skills necessary to any member of systems staff.
- Conduct staff meetings periodically to inform staff of departmental and company-wide direction, functions, and events.
- Provide formal and informal performance reviews for merchandising systems staff.
- Manage departmental administration:
- Review and approve vendor invoices and address invoice disputes.
- Review labor hours and overtime use.
- Manage purchase requisitions.
- Ability to perform all essential duties and responsibilities listed above.
- Technical skills including PC, Windows, Excel, MS Project.
- Experience with retail, financial, and HR systems required.
- Superior Managerial skills: ability to motivate and coach staff for optimal productivity.
- Ability to effectively manage large capital projects, including budget, development, and implementation.
- Strong communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Retail knowledge/retail background/understanding of retail store operations required, apparel background preferred.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Strong project management skills.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to reprioritize projects frequently.
- Ability to multitask.
- Independent, self-motivated, team player.
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- Must be available for off-hours support
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 8years of merchandising / omni-channel systems experiencerequired.
- Knowledge of websites, order management, customer service and WMS systems a must
- 4-5years management experiencerequired.
- Bachelors Degreerequired.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Proficient in English
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit, stand, and operate business equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Typical office environment with low level noise exposure.