Our client designs and manufactures advanced commercial-grade connectivity products for a global customer base. Their technology supports billions of dollars in assets around the world. They are hiring a Director of IoT Business Transformation to refine and scale business workflows within their rapidly growing Enterprise & Commercial IoT practice.
The Director of IoT Business Transformation will use their wireless industry expertise to tailor the strategic direction of the program to market conditions. They will interface with high-level clients and executive decision-makers regularly. Additionally, they will have P&L responsibility and oversee the team's profit-loss and ROI.
This Role Offers:
- Comprehensive compensation package includes: base salary, annual performance bonus, medical/dental/vision, stock options, and other perks. Relocation options available.
- Large operating budget; company has $500M+ in annual revenue with strong YOY growth.
- High-profile international trips.
- Newly created position with high degree of freedom to guide technical program direction.
- Highly agile team with an entrepreneurial mindset, backed by the resources and budget of a multimillion-dollar company.
- High visibility and leverage – ownership of major tactical decisions.
- Debt-free, stable company with large R&D budget and commitment to expand product line.
- Opportunity to be promoted to manage multiple programs.
- Flexible career advancement options.
- Strong company reputation for outstanding project delivery.
- Company is results-focused, anti-bureaucracy, and anti-red-tape.
- Extensive resources within budget, project tools, and support staff.
- Drive strategy related to the company's industrial and commercial IoT program. Make tactical decisions on major initiatives.
- Oversee business transformation within technical and engineering teams. Automate processes, optimize operations, and improve security.
- Align customer experience with company goals for service delivery.
- Manage internal/external teams. Assist with vendor selection and management.
- Advise executive leadership on strategy for various mergers and acquisitions.
- Provide insight and expertise on the technology market, especially in emerging technology areas such as LTE-A, 5G, machine learning, and device-to-cloud.
- Manage timelines for major initiatives, and escalate project issues whenever necessary.
- Deliver presentations to executives and decision-makers.
- 8+ years of industry experience in wireless/telecom, with a heavy focus on IoT.
- Highly experienced in managing diverse teams and transforming business processes in a fluid environment.
- Technical program management or director-level management experience.
- Understanding of operational side and engineering/development side of business processes.
- Desire to disrupt and transform the wireless device industry.
- P&L management experiencedesired.
- PMP or another industry PM certification.
- Proficiency in Visio, MS Project, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field; MBA or technical master's degree is a strong plus.