The Director of Investor Relations and Financial Planning is responsible for directing and overseeing the investor relations and shareholder communications function at GLDD. Working closely with the CFO, the director will enhance relationships with current and potential shareholders and sell-side analysts. They will be the initial contact for institutional investors, investment analysts and any other members of the financial community and is responsible for proactively communicating with this group to ensure that the Company's history, place in the market and forward looking strategy are understood correctly. The director is responsible for creating and maintaining investor presentations and will be responsible for analysis that provides insights into the company's valuation. They will work closely with the CEO and CFO to develop and execute an IR strategy that drives long term shareholder value. The director is responsible for managing the quarterly financial forecasts as well as the annual budget process. This position reports directly to the Company's Chief Financial Officer for Investor Relations responsibilities and to the Vice President of Finance for Financial Planning responsibilities.
- Develops, maintains and enhances communication with investors, analysts and the financial community. Plans and coordinates investor relations conference calls with financial analysts and investors; preparing data that will be disclosed, the call agenda, FAQs and guidance forecast (as appropriate). Effectively communicates the company's story and strategy to investors and the financial analyst community.
- Develops and implements the company's approved investor relations and related communication strategies, including the Company's positioning and intended messaging to the financial markets.
- Work with the VP Human Resources on internal and external communications to ensure those communications are in sync with shareholder communications.
- Responsible for the press and earnings release process. Prepares releases covering the business activities and financial results of the company for review by business unit and executive management.
- Organizes company participation and attendance in investor conferences, presentations, and "Non-Deal" road shows (NDRs) and other presentations. Manages relationship with NASDAQ and third party vendors. Manages the company's Annual Report process, in coordination with legal, marketing, and third party printer.
- Ability to present and explain the company's businesses, including product offerings, market/customer dynamics, financial results and major business events to the financial community.
- Assist the external reporting team, as needed, with completion of external reports (10-K, 10-Q, and other SEC filings).
- Analyzes stockholder base and conducts investor surveillance and targeting.
- Assist on long term strategy as needed.
- Ongoing analysis and monitoring of competitor and peer group companies – presentations, financial reporting, disclosures, and websites. Performs research on specific companies and industries in response to questions posed by senior management.
- Reviews financial models prepared by sell-side analysts and compares to the Company's internal forecasts and communicates to internal team for review and information.
- Ensures IR information on company web site is updated and accurate.
- Communicates information relating to stock market and investor/analyst attitudes to senior management and the Board of Directors. Develops presentations for quarterly updates to the Board of Directors.
- Manage the financial planning process, including directing the development of business unit financial plans, preparation of the annual budget, compilation of forecasts and modeling of the multi-year plan to support organizational growth; interact with and support department leaders to ensure financial planning and analysis timelines are met.
- Prepare documentation of and presentations supporting the annual budget and forecasts for review by Senior Management and the Board of Directors.
- Assist with analysis to evaluate potential investments, mergers & acquisitions, dispositions, restructurings, new products and business opportunities.
- Manage the design, development, configuration and maintenance of all financial planning systems.
- Assist the external reporting team, as needed, with completion of external reports (10-K, 10-Q, and other SEC filings.
- Manage performance, recruitment, retention and development of Financial Planning staff as required.
- Bachelor's degree with at least ten years of experience in investor relations, corporate communications, finance or a related field with at least five directly in investor relations.
- Ability to directly and indirectly lead others in accomplishing cross-functional goals.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Working knowledge of Financial Statements (P&L, Cash Flow, and Balance Sheet).
- Strong working knowledge of Regulation FD and its impact on public and non-public disclosure of company related information.
- Working knowledge of disclosure policies as it relates to public companies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, presentation skills, marketing skills, writing skills. Experience reporting to top management.
- Must be able to work with highly confidential information and maintain unequivocal discretion.