The Director of Investment Accounting will lead the daily investment accounting operations for the Company’s investment portfolio for both US GAAP and US Statutory reporting by working with the Controllers and the investment portfolio management team as well as coordinating with our outsourced investment accounting provider, (Clearwater Analytics) and other subsidiary companies.
The ideal candidate has strong written and oral communication skills, an analytical mindset, and the ability to multitask in order to effectively manage his or her time across various roles and responsibilities. In this role, the individual will report to the VP of Investment Accounting & Finance Services of the Company, and is located in White Plains, New York.
- Responsible for oversight of GAAP and STAT general ledger reconciliations for investments within the Clearwater system. Assist in creating, implementing and managing data integrity for the Clearwater accounting system for approximately $24 billion asset under management.
- Responsible for preparation and review of quarterly and annual statutory investment schedules, footnotes and general interrogatories
- Assist in enhancing the accounting, reporting and analysis functions surrounding the alternative investments and integration of new alternative investment platform
- Assist in centralizing of investment accounting function
- Ensure that established investment accounting policies and Statutory guidelines are implemented and are consistently applied throughout the Company
- Provide expertise in using our Clearwater Analytics system to analyze and report on the financial results of our investment portfolio
- Drive efficiency, timeliness and accuracy in the investment accounting process by strong integration with internal and external resources through the use of technology
- Assist the investment accounting team in analyzing monthly and quarterly investment accounting reports related to the investment portfolio as required by executive management, including financial reports, disclosures and MD&A’s in Forms 10-K and 10-Q and other SEC filings, and/or earnings releases
- Work closely with our internal auditors in monitoring and documentation of internal controls (SOX) and external auditors to provide timely and accurate information over financial reporting related to investment accounting
- Stay abreast of investment related reporting and compliance / regulatory changes that may impact the reporting process. Assist in the implementation of regulatory changes to reporting processes
- 8+ years’ experience in investment accounting within the insurance industry or asset management firm
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and Statutory investment accounting
- Must be able to travel periodically and meet with outsourced investment accounting provider and others in Idaho, New York, Bermuda and other locations
- Strong analytical, documentation, and organizational skills
- Advanced proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Experience working with investment accounting systems such as Clearwater, CAMRA or PAM is preferred
- Capable of delivering results both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, capable of interacting effectively at all levels within the company
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA, CA or MBA is preferred