Description: Provides leadership and direction to Primary Care Services, Medical Specialty Services, Behavior Health Services, Call Center Services, Women's Health Services, Surgical Services, Laboratory Services, Medical Imaging Services and Nursing in developing cost, quality, service and utilization information for the Colorado Region. This includes the development and implementation of a regional primary care work-plan, and ongoing analytic and project management support of related cost, quality, service and utilization management programs. Develop and implement strategies to assist the organization in the broad use of the information. Accountable for creating a culture of compliance, ethics and integrity. Maintains knowledge of and assures departmental compliance with Kaiser Permanente's Principles of Responsibility and policies and procedures, and applicable regulatory requirements and accreditation standards. Responds appropriately to observed fraud or abuse.
- Provides leadership to Primary Care, Medical Specialty, Behavior Health, Call Center, Women's Health, Surgical, Laboratory, Medical Imaging and Nursing Service Analytics team by planning and coordinating team activities, working with customers to prioritize the workload, monitoring quality and performance.
- Assist in creating and executing Internal Care Delivery annual operational work-plan, tactics, and strategies in alignment with KP's strategic priorities and goals. Is valued as a strategic thought partner by senior leaders and proactively manages relationships through a variety of methods.
- Articulates Primary Care, Medical Specialty, Behavior Health, Call Center, Women's Health, Surgical, Laboratory, Medical Imaging and Nursing Service Analytics' value proposition and service offerings to customers, and aligns resources with organization needs. Develops and leverages third party relationships with other KP support organizations (for example; ARC, Finance, BIS, and IT).
- Demonstrated ability to work in senior leadership environment. Capable of 'managing up' with clients and ability to navigate politically sensitive situations. Coordinates and interacts with multiple sources within the organization in the design and implementation of cost, quality, service and utilization reporting and management systems in support of clinical and business strategies. Work with senior leadership in promoting and supporting value based information broadly in the organization. Works closely with upstream data sources to ensure consistent and timely flow of data.
- Provide education and training to multiple users on appropriate use of various data and systems. Hires, coaches, motivates and conducts performance appraisals for staff. Provides career development plans and opportunities for staff. Maintains current information and knowledge of all applicable Kaiser policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations, and accreditation standards.
- Ensures that the training activities incorporate all applicable KP policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations, and accreditation standards. Supervises assigned staff. This includes interviewing, selecting, training, motivating, evaluating, counseling, disciplining and terminating in compliance with EEO/AA goals and personnel policies of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum ten (10) years of direct work related experience, with at least four (4) years in a supervisory or management role. Education
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or information technology or related area. License, Certification, Registration
Job Number: 621202