Director of Internal Audit technology
About the position
Our client, a well- known and long established financial services company is seeking an exceptional candidate to join as the Director of Internal Audit Technology. Reporting to the Chief Internal Auditor, this person will join a highly collaborative team responsible for all aspects of the provision of internal auditing services related to technology risks. The position will be responsible for managing the technology audit function and developing best-in-class department polices, standards, and practices.
Specific responsibilities include
* Build and maintain a dynamic audit universe of technology related infrastructure and applications, keeping it evergreen by identification of new activities, divestitures, and significant changes to businesses
* Build relationships with key stakeholders and partner with the Company?s Chief Technology Officer and his management team to provide risk-based auditing and consultative services
* Enhance the technology risk assessment methodology and apply it to the audit universe
* Develop, communicate, and execute the technology audit plan
* Act as the point of contact for the audit team on all technology related risks, programs, and procedures; act as a center of excellence to all members of the Internal Audit team and educate on technology related risks as appropriate
* Evaluate the control environment, identify control deficiencies, and communicate recommendations for corrective action
* Attract and recruit talented professionals
* Manage any co-sourcing services or other resources used to execute plans and projects
* Determine compliance measures using established policies/ procedures and laws/ regulations relative to the technology infrastructure
* Promote the department and its core mission and charter
* Perform pre-implementation reviews of significant new systems and business activities to assist management in the design of an adequate controls environment
* Work collaboratively with business and operational areas, respond effectively to management requests for special audit projects and investigations, and serve as an advisory resource in the area of technology-related processes and internal controls
* Review, analyze, and recommend ?best practices* appropriate for the Company?s technology platform and strategic direction.
* Provide counsel to the Internal Audit management team on the appropriateness and efficiency of internal audit department software and workstation.
Skills & experience required
* Undergraduate degree, with solid financial management and auditing training; additional education including an MBA and a CISA, CISM, or CIA certification is preferred
* At least 15 years of public and/or private experience auditing the technology environment of complex investment management, capital markets, and investment banking businesses
* Prior experience building, starting or supervising a technology internal audit function
* Proven ability to anticipate and provide solutions to complex problems
* Strong work ethic and unquestionable integrity; excellent communication skills (oral and written), and ability to presenting a clear and compelling manner to senior and executive management
* Collaborate with executives, peers, and subordinates in the furtherance of achieving mutually beneficial outcomes
* Assess, evaluate, and recommend practices that mitigate risks; solid understanding of SSAE 16 (SAS 70), CobiT, and Val IT standards
* Deploy creative problem solving
* Analyze issues and develop and execute plans that contribute to significant improvements in financial and operational performance, asset management, and risk reductions
* Own and improve existing processes
* Excel in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
Compensation: 225k-250k plus a bonus target at 50%- 60% and all benefits