If you prefer a career that offers different opportunities daily while working with a variety of people, Kimball International would like to talk to you. We are a family-friendly company that values the differences that make each associate unique.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred
Kimball International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
Kimball International, Inc. will not sponsor applicants for this position for employment/work visa status (e.g.. H-1B)
*This role may be located at our HQ in Jasper, IN, Atlanta, GA, or New York. Remote work from Atlanta or New York may be considered with up to 40% travel to Jasper, IN*
The Director of Internal Audit and Risk Management is responsible for the development and execution of KII’s Kimball International’s (KII) strategic risk-based internal audit plan and managing the internal audit function in accordance with KII’s internal audit charter and the professional standards for internal auditing. The Director of Internal Audit will also own the implementation of a successful Enterprise Risk Management Program for KII. This role has a dual reporting line to the Chairperson of the Audit Committee, as well as the Chief Financial Officer.
- Ensure internal audit activities are performed in accordance with the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, Code of Ethics, and Definition of Internal Auditing promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors as well as other professional auditing standards that may be applicable.
- Develop and execute a flexible risk-based audit plan based upon a continuous risk-based methodology, which is driven by KII’s strategic focus.
- Build, deploy and continuously improve KII’s Enterprise Risk Management Program.
- Embed a continuous risk sensing process that uses external and internal sources of data to evaluate and identify revisions and enhancements to the risk management processes to better protect the organization, from emerging risks.
- Develop a communication plan with key business leaders to discuss and understand emerging risks.
- Provide insight on efficiency and effectiveness of risk management and internal control processes.
- Provide periodic updates to both management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Communicate with the Audit Committee and Chief Financial Officer to discuss the audit plan activities, including scope and resource limitations, findings and significant differences from the approved risk-based audit plan.
- Assess and monitor the ethical culture of the organization, particularly the culture of the business, its competitive arena, and the tone set by senior management.
- Ensure the principles of integrity, objectivity, confidentiality, and competency are applied and upheld
- Identify enhancements and improvements to create a more agile, lean and productive internal audit team.
- Maintain a team with sufficient knowledge, skills, experience, and professional certifications.
- Maintain the listing of KII’s Key Controls which serves as the foundation for KII’s Internal Control over Financial Reporting Framework, modifying as necessary when business processes evolve, and as additional guidance is issued through the SEC or PCAOB
- Facilitate the development of the Audit Committee’s meeting agenda ensuring required activities per the Master Schedule are included.
- Coordinate audit efforts with independent auditors as well as any examinations performed by regulatory agencies.
- Follow up on all independent auditor or regulatory reports and recommendations
- Promote ethics, help identify improper conduct, and investigate suspected fraud activity as required.
Skills to Perform This Role:
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to listen to and help team members utilize their strengths and improve their weaknesses
- Ability to communicate cross functionally in all levels within the organization
- Ability to communicate the importance of SOX requirements and other audit/review activities
- Ability to communicate at a strategic level
- Ability to lead a team in a project or event
- Ability to coach and lead the Internal Audit and Risk Management team
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated
- Ability to understand different areas of the business, specifically medium-higher risk areas/processes, within the organization
- Able to tackle complex issues in an environment of ambiguity where not all the desired information may be available
- Extensive experience with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
- Extensive experience with the preparation of financial statements
- Extensive experience with financial analysis and financial modelling
- Moderate understanding of Enterprise Risk Management and mitigation techniques