Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- 60% - Control Objectives and SOX Compliance
- Support and work with process owners to ensure process documentation remains current and SOX controls are consistently executed and documented.
- Continuously assess the company’s SOX program to review alignment with current business objectives, initiatives, and overall risk profile and lead implementation of necessary additions or changes to the SOX program.
- Provide business leadership with oversight and guidance on control design, operating effectiveness, ongoing change management, and effective monitoring of controls.
- Communicate any control deficiencies to management. Work with process owners to develop remediation plans for identified deficiencies and manage the tracking, monitoring and reporting of agreed upon action items.
- Assist in coordinating SOX compliance review with external auditors to ensure effective communication between process owners and auditors.
- Management of Operational Audits.
- 20% - Risk Management
- Perform comprehensive review and analysis of material risks as it relates to PRA’s strategy and priorities by monitoring internal and external factors and understanding key business initiatives.
- Conduct risk assessment and business impact analyses to identify vulnerable areas within PRA’s critical business processes/functions.
- 15% - Manage Internal Audit Team Members
- Provide guidance, support and growth opportunities to staff, ensures each employee has a meaningful professional development plan that supports career goals. Manages the achievement of performance objectives for all direct reports, provides frequent feedback and meets with direct reports on a regular basis for meaningful coaching discussions on all aspects of the employee’s performance and development.
- Conduct meaningful annual performance reviews on a timely basis and makes salary adjustment recommendations in accordance with the Company’s salary administration plan. Effectively manages the progressive discipline process, including potential termination of an employee, in collaboration with Human Resources and appropriate members of the management team. Participates in interviewing and hiring of new staff and facilitates or conducts effective on-boarding and orientation for new employees; coordinates formal training programs; assigns staff to special projects and oversees workflow and workload of staff.
- 5% - Secondary Responsibilities
- Assist the Chief Internal Auditor with executing the strategic plan of the department.
- Live Treated Fairly every day.
- Bachelor’s degree; Finance, Accounting or Information Technology major required.
- Minimum of eight years’ experience Internal Audit, External Audit, or combination.
- Experience in combined IT Audit and Financial Audit is preferred.
- Professional designation such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Services Auditor (CISA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required.
- Must have experience with Sarbanes Oxley rules and regulations in a public company environment.
- Strong understanding of internal controls and COSO 2013 framework.
- Proven ability to mentor and develop a team 3-8 staff members.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to effectively analyze significant amounts of data and information, and communicate key points to senior management.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.