Driscoll’s is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, and talented audit leader to join our global internal audit team as Director of Internal Audit. This position is based in Watsonville, California, and reports to our Vice President of Internal Audit. Who We Are Driscoll’s vision is to become the world’s berry company, enriching the lives of everyone we touch, and our mission is to continually delight Berry Consumers through alignment with our Customers and our Berry Growers. The internal audit team supports Driscoll’s mission by providing objective risk-based advisory and assurance services in a consultative, collaborative, and pragmatic manner, which are aligned with, and focused on, our strategic risks. Our team performs audit projects with passion, humility, trustworthiness, and agility. We provide value by driving process improvement across the global reach of the company. We empower our team to embrace creative thinking and utilize the power of data analytics in everything we do. Our work is exciting as no internal audit project is ever the same!
- Develop the annual risk-based audit plan for North America and global support functions.
- Direct all aspects of the audit lifecycle including: scheduling, planning, scoping, fieldwork execution, workpaper review, and reporting
- Perform operational, financial, IT and integrated audits for our North America business unit and global support functions to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of key controls
- Validate control deficiencies, provide pragmatic recommendations to correct them, and obtain management action plans to mitigate the identified risks
- Communicate audit observations to the senior management team and Issue audit reports
- Perform follow-up audits to determine if management has implemented its audit action plans
- Provide as needed support for data analytics and investigations
- Manage the review and completion of audits in our Latin America and China business units
- Periodically manage co-sourced audit providers for IT audits and investigations
- Embrace innovation and continuous improvement to make the audit process more efficient
- Become a trusted advisor in the development of pragmatic global controls and best practices
*This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
What You’ll Need
- A Bachelor’s degree (or more!) in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent
- 12 years (or more) of progressive audit management experience with a public accounting firm and / or a global company
- A relevant professional certification, such as CPA, CA, CFE, CIA, CISA or equivalent
- Strong understanding of business risks and internal controls that mitigate risks
- Critical thinking and professional skepticism
Who You Are
- You are self-motivated, proactive, and passionate!
- You are results-oriented and can motivate, influence, and manage business partners
- You are commitment to the highest standards of integrity, professional and personal conduct
- You adapt, you are resilient, you like to be challenged, and you thrive in a dynamic environment
- You embrace data analytics, enjoy continuous learning and applying new concepts
- You are a team player that can communicate well and manage multiple projects
- Your interpersonal skills allow you to interact with a diverse group of teams and different cultures
- Ability to travel up to 15%, both domestic and international
- Experience with agricultural and / or consumer packaged goods companies
- Familiarity with Galvanize Highbond audit management system
- Proficiency with data analytic tools such as ACL or IDEA
- Language skills are highly desirable, especially Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, or French