Director of Internal Audit
Our client is an International market leader in their industry providing control systems and solutions to consumers and businesses alike. They wish to hire a Director of Internal Audit that will be responsible for leading an objective and independent evaluation of risks, assessing the internal control environment and recommending improvements to add value and improve operations. This position is the lead role on the Internal Audit team and provides leadership, invests in development, and fosters relationships with the business to enhance value. Part of the Internal Audit team function includes operational audits and continuous improvement projects.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Lead the internal audit function, including development and execution of annual risk assessments and audit plans. Execution includes planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating all internal audit activities.
- Train, mentor, and develop internal audit team.
- Define and communicate the vision of the internal audit department and ensure alignment with company objectives. Position the internal audit department within the Company to provide "best in class" assurance and consulting services.
- Perform special examinations, investigations, and other reviews as requested by executive management or other Board Directors.
- Participate on key company projects and committees and provide process and control expertise and advice.
- Provide clear and balanced recommendations to prioritize and resolve important audit matters.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships throughout the Company and stay current with changes in the business and industry.
- Bachelors' Degree in Finance in Accounting, MBA preferred
- CPA or CIA
- 6+ years of relevant experience, 2+ years in a Director capacity.
- Experienced at performing and overseeing financial and operational audits.
- Knowledgeable of internal audit best-practices and proven ability to implement such practices.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business issues and to position the Internal Audit Department effectively in order to provide value added services to support business objectives.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, as well as excellent project management skills.
- Acts and leads with integrity and maintains a high degree of ethical standards.
- Proven ability to lead a team and build relationships with leaders across functions.
- Ability to travel, as needed.