This position will manage Sarbanes-Oxley Act implementation including documentation, quality assurance reviews, planning and conducting SOXinternal control audits and reporting the results, performing financial and operational audits as required.
- Plan, implement, coordinate, and execute all phases of SOX compliance, (to include leading walkthroughs and identifying/validating key controls, developing test procedures, executing and documenting testing, and reporting results to Management and external audit)
- Review, evaluate and document the effectiveness of internal financial controls in the Company using established industry standard audit procedures and processes.
- Review operating efficiencies by analyzing and evaluating financial and operating procedures at all levels of the organization and provide recommendations to increase the operating efficiencies of the specific procedures of the function.
- Maintain the process and controls database, with accompanying process maps and narratives, to ensure continued compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 requirements.
- Ensure audit testing utilizes appropriate sampling techniques and data analysis (in accordance with Internal Audit's policies and procedures and IIA standards).
- Analyze the risks and the design of controls around key business processes and provide fundamental guidance on the control environment to the organization.
- Provide process excellence knowledge, including training, to control owners and control managers.
- Develop and implement an internal audit plan including the issuance of initial Internal AuditReports and follow-up tracking on the resolution of problems identified in reports issued by Internal Audit.
- Recognize and make recommendations for correcting unsatisfactory conditions including improving operations, reducing cost and enhancing contributions of the internal controls team.
- Develop and maintain strong and effective relationships and work collaboratively and cross-functionally with otherinternal functions, external audit and other professional service providers.
- Participate in due diligence of acquisition targets and post-acquisition integration.
- Other special studies and projects as assigned.
Education and Qualifications:
- A BA/BS degree in Accounting required, Master degreepreferred
- An appropriate certification in accounting and/or auditing is strongly preferred, including a CPA, CA and/or CIA
- A minimum 5+ years of experience in a senior internal audit role; Experience with similar internal audit roles in large organizations or with Big 4audit firms highly preferred
- Experience establishing SOX controls preferred.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office products (i.e. Outlook, Excel and Word) and assorted financial, inventory and operational systems.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, COSO, PCAOB Auditing Standards, Sarbanes-Oxley, risk and controls standards and business process best practices.
- Ability to travel, up to 40%.