Borrego Solar Systems, Inc., a leading national engineering, financing, design, construction, operation and maintenance firmconcentrating on the development of solar and energy storage systems for the commercial, utility, and public sectors, seeks a Director of Interconnection Policy.
Teamwork, integrity, a passion for sustainable energy and an ability to generate and manage change is what drives our company's success. We are seeking an experienced, motivated and well organized professional whose dedication and leadership will help propel the company to achieve its most important goals.
About the Position: The Director of Interconnection Policy will achieve improvements in utility interconnection policies and practices that impact timeline, accountability, transparency, and costs for distributed generation projects (including solar and storage).
The successful candidate will spearhead improvements to utility interconnection policies and practices that impact the deployment andoperation of our solar and storage assets. The Director will be a key part of Borrego's top-notch policy and business developmentteam, and will have the opportunity to help drive significant revenue and profitability growth through improvements to portfolio-wide interconnection outcomes.
At Borrego, we believe that our strong policy engagement provides us with a competitive advantage and is a key vehicle for achieving our company mission, which is to accelerate the adoption of renewable energy. We view the interconnection policy role as being integral toour business strategy and execution, and are seeking a dynamic, motivated, and thoughtful individual to join our growing team.
In addition to helping to accelerate our business in established solar and storage markets, the Director will also be expected to workwith stakeholders and regulators in new and emerging markets to promote interconnection policies and practices that align with theneeds of the distributed energy industry and support our business objectives.
Location: Candidates for this position will preferably be located near one of Borrego's offices in Lowell, MA, Latham, NY, or Chicago, IL, or be willing to relocate.
Position responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Serving as an industry thought leader on interconnection policy.
• Participating in grid modernization and interconnection regulatory proceedings.
• Representing Borrego and the solar industry on interconnection working groups such as the IPWG in NY.
• Building industry coalitions and enlisting stakeholders to address interconnection issues.
• Negotiating with utility counterparts on portfolio-level interconnection challenges.
• Engaging with regulators and legislators to bring attention to and help solve interconnection challenges.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Significant (8+ years) electric utility and/or electric regulatory experience.
• Advanced degree in Law, Policy or a related field is desired.
• Track record building strong relationships within the electric utility and regulatory space.
• Fluency in grid integration and interconnection terminology and issues facing the distributed generation industry.
• Demonstrated interest in and ability to influence regulatory policy change in the electric utility or distributed energy space.
• Passion for distributed energy and the role it can play in transforming the way we produce and use energy.
• Background in electrical engineering is a plus, but not required.
Borrego Solar's approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a workplace that is casual, upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction and education. We promote fromwithin and are looking for career minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing photovoltaic industry. We offer great pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
• Competitive base salary
• Comprehensive benefits package
• Self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies
• 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
• Continuing education and professional development assistance
Borrego Solar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and locallaws. In addition to federal law requirements, Borrego complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.