We’re looking for a driven, senior marketing professional who’s passionate about understanding today’s consumers, their motivations and their behavior as they move along their journey from discovery to post-purchase. This experienced leader will oversee the development and execution of integrated marketing plans for all of Arlo’s products and services worldwide, working in collaboration with cross-functional teams around the globe. The ideal candidate should have a keen understanding of consumer segmentation, product positioning and messaging, go-to-market planning, and how to bring all facets of outbound marketing together to bring our resources to bear in the market with the best possible scale and efficiency. In addition, the successful candidate should also have experience working with strategic technology partners to develop co-marketing opportunities that help extend the reach of Arlo’s marketing channels and add value to the ownership experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Develop and oversee worldwide integrated marketing plans across all of Arlo’s product portfolio in alignment with the organization’s business objectives and overall marketing strategy.
- Own the product positioning, messaging, packaging and other assets used for outbound marketing to drive consistency and accuracy across all consumer touchpoints.
- Optimize the out-of-box experience, including packaging and documentation, in collaboration with product, engineering, customer care, sales and other cross-functional teams.
- Work closely with product, engineering, customer care, and IT teams to help shape how Arlo’s services are packaged and promoted to users throughout the purchase journey and through the lifecycle of ownership of Arlo products.
- Develop and manage consumer segmentation profiles to help inform cross-functional teams how prospective customers perceive, research and shop in the categories and markets Arlo serves.
- Collaborate with strategic technology or service partners to create co-marketing programs and promotions that enhance the consumer experience, from pre-sales to post-purchase.
- Review and synthesize key performance metrics for new product launches and install base marketing programs to provide executive level reporting on a regular cadence.
- Support special initiatives or projects as needed.
Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience developing and managing outbound marketing plans for new product introductions, ideally in consumer IOT technology, smart home, CE or related industries.
- Deep understanding of product marketing, including product positioning, messaging consumer purchasing behavior and user experience expectations for connected home products.
- Successful experience developing and managing co-marketing campaigns and promotions with strategic technology or service partners.
- Demonstrated success working with sales and channel marketing teams to support the sell-in process and assortment decisions.
- Experience with data analytics, predictive marketing, in-app marketing a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, business, or related fields. MBA a plus.
- Ability to understand and translate product plans, technology roadmaps and business requirements into effective outbound marketing plans for both internal and external teams.
- Data-driven approach to building, testing and optimizing outbound marketing plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team leader and ability to build effective, efficient and collaborative teams, across internal and external resources.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to align internal and external resources and timelines to launch products with the best quality and impact to the business.
- Able to travel as needed for collaboration with key stakeholders at other office sites and to manage external resources.