Coding Dojo is a global education technology company that offers a three-full-stack computer programming bootcamp, as well as courses on Data Science and other emerging technologies. The innovative curriculum and Learning Management System are designed to train students to become self-sufficient developers, regardless of their technical background. We also make it a mission to support underserved communities and increase diversity in the tech industry.
This position is a rare opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and make a positive impact in many people's lives. At Coding Dojo we pride ourselves on possessing a culture of execution that caters to wave makers rather than wave riders. If you're interested in joining a diverse and dynamic team who value speed, continuous improvement, measurement, focus, accountability, and always attacking the gap, you'll feel right at home at Coding Dojo.
- Leadership experience of at least 4 years
- Technical Instruction experience (Programming, Data Science or similar) of at least 2 years
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Maintaining the following metrics across campuses they support
- Customer Survey Index
- Net Promoter Score
- Belt Pass Rate
- Student Drop Rate
- Instruction team certifications
- Roadmap - Creating and following a roadmap towards success for their region
- Staffing - Hiring and developing quality programming instructors across all campuses
- Coaching - Providing technical and non-technical feedback, constructive coaching, and growth opportunities towards all direct reports.
- Culture - Fostering a healthy team spirit across the teams they manage
- Being on call to tackle emergencies within your programs/region.
- Working with the business team and career services team to ensure a cohesive experience at all campuses
- Curriculum - Works with Curriculum team to oversee necessary modifications to curriculum content, ensuring that curriculum content fits the unique requirements of bootcamp.
- Propose adjustments as necessary for assignment & exam cadence.
- Solution support - including handling escalated student concerns and complaints (technical and non-technical)
- Monitors instructional design of program or region (what is taught, and when) and it’s execution.
- Continually proposes adjustments to lecture cadence of each stack to the VP of Instruction for approval.
- Continually proposes adjustments for necessary pivots to continuously improve student experience
- Works closely with tools/dev to propose and sustain a priority list of features and bugs based on the Director’s assessment of the business.
- Continually proposes adjustments to Marketing ensure an accurate depiction of the program is presented.
- Ultimately responsible for instructional experience
- Manages team of Instruction Leads, Instructors, Instruction Managers & Coaches, and TAs
- Forecasts bootcamp staffing needs; reconciling historical data (drop/retake) with business goals/enrollment target
- Proposes refinements as necessary for instructional KPIs to the VP of Instruction
- Ensures instruction staff working towards clear goals, that are the right goals for success of bootcamps and its students, based on the KPIs
- Additional duties and adjusted scope may occur as the business needs evolve and are deemed necessary.