The Inside Sales Director will be responsible for directing, developing and implementing sales strategies to grow the Matthews Environment Solutions (MES) revenue in accordance with the organizational goals and objectives related to retention, growth and profitability. Our Inside Sales Director will be responsible for revenue growth, new business development, accelerated organic growth of existing business and new venture management. The Inside Sales Director confers with management to determine sales objectives and develop policies to achieve organization goals.
ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT:
- Directing sales activities for MES products, equipment, accessories, services and supplies within the cremation, waste incineration industries
- Achieves revenue and profit objectives for the Division.
- Participating in the development, coordination and execution of division sales objectives, strategic plans, and business plans.
- Developing and maintaining working relationships that are current and informed with key contacts of customer accounts.
- Developing and implementing sales-related training, both in-house and external.
- Reviewing the market position of competing products, services, and organizations and evaluating their sales techniques
DO YOU ENJOY COLLABORATING WITH:
DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH:
- Developing contract strategy and negotiating contracts in accordance with company standards and business requirements.
- Reviewing market analyses to determine customer needs, volume potential, price schedules, and discount rates, and developing sales campaigns.
- Establishing distributor and key/national account relationships and ensures they are managed properly.
- Developing new business opportunities.
- Directing key account presentations.
- Representing MES at industry association meetings, conventions, and trade shows.
- Managing, reviewing, and approving sales expense budgets; prepares budget reports for management as needed including short and long-range sales forecasts.
- Developing information systems that include performance measurement for sales staff.
- Planning, directing, and coordinating activities of employee(s) to ensure goals or objectives are accomplished. While mentoring, coaching, training, and developing the sales team.
- Working with other internal departments to ensure consistent product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Traveling with and without other staff as needed to maintain and develop business opportunities.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or related field
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred
- 10+ years progressive inside sales experience
- 8+ years in a leadership role
- Strong understanding of Salesforce.com
- Routine travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
- Periodic travel is required, including the potential for international travel
- A high degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and talk, hear and see.
- Regularly/Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment may be high.