This individual will be responsible for the design, build and maintenance of company ecommerce, business and corporate IT infrastructure. You will have significant experience working in public and private cloud environment and a proven track record of success, leading engineering, system administration and architect teams. You will support our infrastructure environment currently running in 2 co-located facilities in the North East. You will develop and implement plans to achieve strategic objectives and provide strong leadership skills in support of staff development, mentoring, employee engagement and the overall health of the infrastructure and operations teams.
- Develop and effectively implement processes that support the rapid growth and improve the overall delivery of cloud solutions.
- Driving high level of automation across the organization.
- Develop and seek approval for annual IT Budget; act as department liaison to manage capital expenditures.
- Demonstrate hands-on knowledge of Private and Public Cloud Computing.
- Partner with Architecture team to deepen competencies and depth across external hyper-scale clouds like Azure and AWS.
- Ensure the Cloud Platform & Services are designed and implemented to support Private and Public infrastructure initiatives and are aligned with the overall business strategies and priorities.
- Designing, provisioning and administration using best practices for enterprise customer across multiple cloud offerings (Vmware Private Cloud, Amazon Web Services and/or Azure).
- Play a key role in advancing the cloud (IaaS & PaaS) eco-system and culture of technical excellence.
- Advocate for adherence to information security best practices.
- Required 10+ years of experience managing complex cloud & IT infrastructure and working with high demand Engineering and customer organizations.
- Required minimum 15+ years of experience in a leadership role managing and implementing IT and cloud solutions.
- Experience designing and delivering secure cloud solution on AWS, Azure, Google, etc.
- Experience developing and/or supporting core Infrastructure computing services.
- Hypervisor Experience: VMWARE
- Experience with monitoring (SolarWinds & SCCM) and logging solutions (Splunk, ELK).
- Experience with DevOps & ITIL approach in running a superior service operations & delivery function.
- Experience with research, evaluation and analysis of technologies and tools taking into consideration performance, cost/benefit, scalability, risk etc. Ability to make appropriate suggestions and decisions related to purchase and implementation of these.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent.