Be involved in projects with our Transportation & Infrastructure Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges. At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future! WSP is currently initiating a search for a Director of Infrastructure Delivery for our Fresno, Californiaoffice. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership direction and oversight for the construction and design aspects for the program; assure the program is constructed in conformance with all applicable laws, contracts, specifications and plans. Provide professional expertise and leadership on technical and constructioncontract management matters.
- Provide overall direction and oversight of design and construction matters for the construction program and support coordination with cross functional units.
- Lead the implementation and ensure compliance by consultants and contractors in relation to the Authority’s policies, procedures, including safety and quality systems.
- Responsible for the delivery of the high-speed rail for assigned projects.
- Management of a large team. Approximately 250 individuals.
- Ensure that appropriately qualified and experienced resources are assigned to supportconstruction delivery.
- Oversees Construction Project Directors, Project Managers, Functional Managers, and Task Managers to ensure the safety, scope, schedule, cost and quality of project delivery.
- Confers and collaborates with Authority executives in determining objectives, workload projections, resource allocations and budget redirection.
- Coordinates efforts to improve the design and constructionprocesses and procedures to meet the Authority’s goals and objectives.
- Provide awareness and guidance to the Regional Director and Chief Engineer in relation to technical and management aspects of design and construction.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a similar, relevant discipline
- A PE license in California or the ability to obtain one
- At least twenty years of experience in managing design and construction for large transportationinfrastructure projects in positions of increasing responsibility, including extensive experience in the delivery of design-build projects
- Knowledge of the Authority's organization, policies, project management concepts, design, construction, materials engineering and testing processes, and financial constraints. Organizational relationships, both internally and outside of the Authority, that pertain to planning, design and construction of transportationfacilities
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Competent negotiator and good commercial acumen
- The ability to plan and direct the work of others and to achieve agreement and collaboration without formal authority over all project participants
- Ability to prepare technical correspondence and complete comprehensive reports and make effective presentations.
- The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with all levels of Authority management and employees, external groups and both State and local government representatives.
- Executive level construction management experience
- Extensive Design Build contract management experience
- Excellent Management skills
- Excellent communication skills