JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
The company’s growth goals call for a significant move to a global, unified, digital operating model. To help lead this effort, the company has created a new position, Director of Infrastructure and Security. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the executive will be a key member of the CIO’s team. The executive will work closely with the CIO, peer IT leaders, and Materion business leaders in the development and implementation of strategic plans, processes and capabilities to accelerate sustained, profitable growth through a unified digital strategy. This role is responsible for all global infrastructure and securityrequired to operate all computer systems in our business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Global alignment of Materion’s infrastructure performance, costs, and reliability (50%)
- Working with the CIO and the rest of the IT leadership team, help facilitate the development and delivery of a “One Materion” digital strategy for customers, employees, and products.
- Manage all infrastructureinvestments and the balance between cost, security, and performance.
- Architect and manage our Wide Area Network across the globe for cost effectiveness and performance
- Manage all server, desktop, laptop, and mobile, architecture and deployment strategies across the enterprise
- Assist Business Unit I.T. Managers in annual goals and reviews related to Business Unit Infrastructure resources
- Track and manage globally any significant infrastructureinvestments
- Forge strong relationships with regional, business segment and global functional teams to create and leverage a “One Materion” performance-based culture, operating systems and business synergies.
- Ensure appropriate working relationships are established and maintained with customers, vendors, and employees
- Provide integration leadership to acquisitions or joint ventures as they occur
Maintain world class security, protection, and compliance of our infrastructure and data (30%)
- Provide overall leadership and administrative oversight to the Infrastructureportfolio; ensure appropriate governance practices are in place; identify and implement actions to leverage uniform business practices and internal services that drive greater operating effectiveness and efficiency.
- Maintain SOX compliance for all infrastructure assets
- Ensure company activities are carried out in compliance with country laws and regulations that govern business processes
- Architect and deliver world class security initiatives that protect our IP and comply with all governmental and customer requirements
Provide world class leadership to our infrastructure and security teams (20%)
- Lead a team of 10-15Infrastructure professionals including WAN, Security, Server Config, Desktop config, desktop applications, email administration, etc.
- Maintain a motivated and energized Infrastructure team eager to lead and drive improvements in performance
- Work with the Director of Operations and Service Delivery to perform root cause, corrective actions and improve our service to the end customers
- Develop global standards and controls that keep global infrastructures consistent, focused, and functioning
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar degrees
- Minimum of 10 years leading Infrastructure and Security teams
- Ability to think strategically and architect a multi-year roadmap that aligns infrastructure with the overall Materion digital journey.
- Demonstrated skills in managing and providing advanced technical support in a complex and dynamic environment involving multiple applications and computer platforms
- Early career founded in infrastructure and/or security
- Experience with designing solutions to meet compliance regulations, such as ITAR, DFARS, HIPPA, PCI
- Strategic, conceptual and flexible thinker, who can incorporate an array of economic, market, technological and industry factors into the analysis of strategic plans
- Experience working in a matrixed operating model and managing multiple stakeholders
- Strong communicator, negotiator and collaborator; builds effective relationships
- Strong leadership capacity and results driven change agent; high energy and passion
- Capable ‘talent spotter’ – track record of building strong teams and strengthening an organization’s ability to grow and adapt
- Able to lead diverse teams across multi-site environments over a broad geography
- Strong moral and ethical compass
- Fluent in English