The Director of Information Technology is a highly visible role responsible for developing and implementing IT strategy utilizing experience and business acumen to advance the company’s technology future and to modernize the workplace experience for all employees. This position reports directly to the CFO.
At Tighe & Bond, we pride ourselves on fostering a continuous learning environment where our employees can grow and thrive. Our friendly company culture celebrates personal milestones and recognizes both teams and individuals for their contributions. We are committed to the well-being of our employees, the communities where we work, and the environment in which we live.
- BS in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Administration or relevant field; MS or graduate work a plus
- 20+ years of experience in IT with 10+ years as a team leader managing IT professionals
- Progressive responsibility in a civil/mechanical/electrical/ engineering organization
- Advanced knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure, designing / developing IT systems, and planning IT implementation projects
- Solid technical background with fundamental knowledge of network concepts and information technology performance metrics
- Sound understanding of information technology, information science, computer science, systems & network administration, software engineering, and cybersecurity
- Technical expertise for assessing security risks and design security controls
- Excellent communications and leadership skills including time management, influencing and relationship skills
- Proven ability to manage and develop talent using coaching and mentoring skills
- Develop and implement continuous improvement in the overall IT architecture
- Maintain and oversee all enterprise architecture, technology operations, initiatives, projects, and security
- Lead technology steering committee to determine business requirements and select and implement suitable technology to enhance business-wide performance and efficiency through technology
- Evaluate, procure, and implement Enterprise Resource Planning software (including CRM and HRIS applications) and organizational change management
- Identify the needs for modernization and upgrades of information technology
- Procure efficient and cost-effective technology equipment, software, and services
- Establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of corporate strategies and initiatives
- Ensure organizational compliance with laws, regulations, industry standards, and policies about data security, data privacy, personal information security, and written information security policy.
- Develop and manage capital investment plans and annual expense budgets
- Define information security plan and roadmap with Virtual Chief Information Security Officer (VCISO) service provider and mitigate vulnerabilities and cyber threats
- Create an inspired and motivated IT team environment with open communication and a culture of learning
- Monitor team and systems performance and report on metrics including the evaluation of team members for salary increases and promotions and recognition of high performance